The Royal Veterinary College’s free pet epilepsy tracker app is a new and interactive way to manage your pet’s epilepsy. Key features include:
• Seizure log: allowing you to record the details of your pet’s seizures, including what they look like, what happens during and after them, and how often they have them
• Medication log: allowing you to record details of all of your pet’s medications, their doses and how often they should be given
• Medication reminders: allowing you to set up a reminder alarm for when you should give your pet their medication, allowing for separate alarms for each medication prescribed
• My Pet: allowing you to record your pet’s details, including information about their epilepsy diagnosis and tests carried out, a notes function to record any questions you want to ask your vet, and a contacts log to save details of relevant professionals to have quick access to
• Export function: allowing you to package and send your pet’s seizure diary, medication diary and medical history by email to your vet or any other email account
• Sharing function: for you to anonymously share your pet’s medical history, seizure and medication diaries with the RVC to contribute to future research into canine epilepsy
• Educational material: a wealth of information is included in the app, from the basics of what epilepsy is, how it is diagnosed and identifying different seizure types, to practical advice on what to do when a seizure strikes and good medication practice.
Free, no subscription fees.
Every effort is made to ensure that all information is correct within the app. Please note that information is intended primarily for a UK audience and may change after publishing of the app. This information is not a substitute for advice from your own vets. RVC is not responsible for any actions taken as a result of using this information.
Update to fix date entry fields.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using this app for the last year with no issues. However, today I can’t open the app. I’ve got the latest update and have shared it to a member of my family and both of us are receiving an internet connectivity problem so all the details I’ve recorded cannot be accessed.
Just stopped working and no reply from RVC support
I’ve been using this App for 2 years, it helped me keep my vet updated with the seizures as I could email them directly to the vet. Yesterday after a seizure in the afternoon I attempted to update but would not allow me access stating there was an internet connectivity problem. I contacted RVC an received no reply. This morning at 3 am my dog had another seizure a severe one again tried to use app but same problem. Downloaded it to my iPhone and same problem. It would actually be very helpful if RVC gave some sort of reply to people who obviously rely on this app. When one hits the support button it only takes you to their webpage. Searching their webpage nothing on the app could be found. This is the 4th Apple app that simply stopped working without the developer saying anything, no explanations, no replies nothing. Shame on you! Its a medical app so some consistency would be nice as people rely on this. If you have stopped supporting your app then have the common decency to inform people.
This app has been an absolute god send for us, being able to track seizures, medication, weight etc. That is, until, the app has seemed to just stop working and keeps showing an error message saying I’m not connected to the internet. This means I can no longer access the app, this is the only place I have all of my dog’s seizures logged, and I am not able to share the details with my vet. I wish I had written them down somewhere too as now I have no records of his seizures.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Royal Veterinary College
- 23 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 The Royal Veterinary College