The Royal Veterinary College’s free pet epilepsy tracker app is a new and interactive way to manage your pet’s epilepsy. Key features include:
• Seizure log: allowing you to record the details of your pet’s seizures, including what they look like, what happens during and after them, and how often they have them
• Medication log: allowing you to record details of all of your pet’s medications, their doses and how often they should be given
• Medication reminders: allowing you to set up a reminder alarm for when you should give your pet their medication, allowing for separate alarms for each medication prescribed
• My Pet: allowing you to record your pet’s details, including information about their epilepsy diagnosis and tests carried out, a notes function to record any questions you want to ask your vet, and a contacts log to save details of relevant professionals to have quick access to
• Export function: allowing you to package and send your pet’s seizure diary, medication diary and medical history by email to your vet or any other email account
• Sharing function: for you to anonymously share your pet’s medical history, seizure and medication diaries with the RVC to contribute to future research into canine epilepsy
• Educational material: a wealth of information is included in the app, from the basics of what epilepsy is, how it is diagnosed and identifying different seizure types, to practical advice on what to do when a seizure strikes and good medication practice.
Free, no subscription fees.
Every effort is made to ensure that all information is correct within the app. Please note that information is intended primarily for a UK audience and may change after publishing of the app. This information is not a substitute for advice from your own vets. RVC is not responsible for any actions taken as a result of using this information.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Lost three hours of my life
I thought this app would be perfect to record my dog’s seizures of increasing frequency and his medical history ahead of taking him to a consultant neurologist. I registered, then spent three hours recording his seizures and medication, saving with each change. At the end I used the graphing feature to look at the frequency of seizures and the app froze. I had to close it. Upon restarting, it wouldn’t recognise my login data, even the email I registered with. Everything is gone. I know you get what you pay for and this is free but I am furious with myself for wasting so much time inputting data into something that is obviously flawed.
My little dog has been having seizures and this app had all of the details of dates etc; all information has been lost!!!! I have followed the instructions to push data and only the last seizure details have pushed not the past history!!!
This is a very poor service to be offering people that are relying on this data for their poorly animals!! Shame on you!! It is stressful enough for us without this!!
Developer Response ,
Please update to 0.1.12 and follow the below instructions.
We apologies for the inconvenience, if the app has not been deleted/removed your local data is still available. There is a feature to manually push your local data to the new storage, if it has failed to complete automatically. Please find this by navigating to the settings.
Click [Menu] bottom right of the App, click [Tools] in the popout menu, click [Settings] in the header menu. Scroll down to find [Push Seizure Data To Cloud].
If this feature is not displaying, you will need to update to the latest version (0.1.12 or higher), and also be certain the app has not previously been deleted as unfortunately this would have removed your local data, and the app would need to be restored from a previous iTunes backup.
Do please revisit and update your review rating if you are happy with the app update and new features.
Very poor update
As other reviews lost data due to update, have managed to recover through push of local data. However this duplicates the data and it has lost the details of my dog. When I try to enter these again it fails to save, endless spinning circle! Maybe test new versions before releasing?
Developer Response ,
Sorry you're having trouble saving - please don't hesitate to email email@example.com with more details of your issue (area of the app you're unable to save), we will endeavour to help and support once we know which area of the app you're experiencing difficulty with.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.