Want to build a website? Create one yourself in minutes with Sandvox.
You can use this flexible, powerful website builder to drag–and–drop objects to create web pages. Just add images, movies, and text to a design and publish, fast. Named to Mac App Store’s Best of 2012 at v2.7, 2.10 adds support for Karelia's new integrated Sandvox Hosting service.
Only Sandvox — winner of an Apple Design Award — features a user experience that lets you combine and spotlight your own drag-and-drop content while automatically creating a modern, feature-rich, standards-compliant website as you go. See your website come alive before your eyes! When ready, just upload your site to your favorite host directly from within Sandvox. It's that easy.
• Choose from dozens of stylish site designs, including two brand new designs, Hydrogen and Kryptonite
• Over 20 different, customizable content objects help you build the site of your dreams
• Easily add text, images, or movies
• Showcase your images with Photo Grids and lightbox-style Galleries, automatically optimized for Retina displays
• Super easy blogging, with built-in archiving
• Instantly add connections to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+
• Syndicate your blog or podcast and offer easy-to-grab RSS feeds
• Incorporate content from other websites such as weather and news headlines
• Show selected products from Amazon.com
• Feature YouTube videos
• Include a Contact Form for feedback
• Automatically generate a sitemap
• Comment support via Disqus, IntenseDebate and Facebook Comments
• Insert custom features with Raw HTML
“ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ” — MacNN · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — SVMMac · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — Cult of Mac
EVEN MORE POWER
• iMedia Browser — Effortlessly browse your Pictures folder, iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, and Flickr. Grab movies from iPhoto and iTunes. Build a podcast. The iMedia Browser puts your resources at your fingertips.
• Advanced Customization — Code injection, custom CSS, built-in jQuery support and a brand new Cocoa plug-in API are available to experienced users and offer even more ways to customize your site.
• Publishing Options — Publish to built-in Sandvox Hosting, or to another provider via FTP, SFTP, WebDAV
• Search Engine Optimization — SEO-friendly site structure plus integration with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
• Site Extractor — generate a new Sandvox website using the text and images of your old site, to help you get off the ground that little bit quicker
For more information or to watch a video introduction, please visit our website!
“Those who want to quickly create template-based sites packed with features, should give Sandvox 2 a look. ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼” — Macworld UK
We're always here to help and we'd love to hear from you! If you have feedback or questions, you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our community forum at karelia.com/forum.
Read our FAQ at karelia.com/faq. (in English)
Familiar with iWeb? See our iWeb Transition Guide at karelia.com/iweb.
Sandbox 2.10.8 brings macOS Sierra compatibility and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very easy, very quick
A very good application. Good selection of templates (it would be helpful to have an option to view “responsive” templates only), simple to use and easy to play around with.
Excellent transfer from Rapidweaver
I've been using Rapidweaver to create a reasonably sized web site of 20 plus pages as a non-professional. I weighed up between upgrading to Rapidweaver 5 or taking the plunge with Sandvox and I'm so glad I did. It has enough in common with Rapidweaver that I didn't feel like I was learning from scratch, but it simply wins hands down on ease of use and intuition. The price paid may be a loss of some higher level functionality, but as someone who only occasionally adds to my site this really is a small price to pay.
There's a great choice of templates, has great WYSIWYG layout and it works really well with iphoto. Best of all, Sandvox did a really decent job of importing around 80% of my current site content into the new package. It's taken me a day and half to re-order it and get it all ship-shape, but I really was expecting to have to start from scratch and spend several weeks labouriously cutting and pasting.
Top marks Sandvox for user friendliness and ease of use. I'm confident that my site will grow and flourish in your care!
Meets my simple needs perfectly
I publish two community service web sites. I am certainly not a “graphic designer”. I just need something that is simple to edit to add news of events. Appearance is important, but is secondary to ease of use.
Sandvox comfortably meets my needs and it was simple to make the transition after the demise of iWeb. I bought third party templates as I could not find quite what I was looking for amongst the standard Sandvox options. Consequently the total cost was quite high for my limited use.
In summary, I find Sandvox quick and easy to use, and it produces sufficiently attractive web sites to meet my needs. However, I can understand how it may be too restrictive for more artistically gifted web designers.
UPDATE: Sandvox continues to meet my limited needs, and I find it simple to use. I have, however, started to notice the limitations that cause more experienced web designers to give it poor ratings. My main concern is the limitation on page width. I would ideally like to fill the screen. Also, as others have mentioned, there are restrictions on what you can put or move where. It is good enough for what I want, but I would look for an alternative if I was trying to build a commercial website.
- Karelia Software LLC
- 40 MB
OS X 10.6.6 or later
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2004-2016 Karelia Software LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.