Choose an exercise: see the notes and hear them played
Play the exercise: get a score, see the notes you played and listen to your performance
ScaleHelper is the fast way to improve your playing. With actual feedback based on what you played, ScaleHelper enables you to concentrate on the aspects of your playing that will help the most.
ScaleHelper has 3 modes:
1. Play any scale: ScaleHelper determines the exercise you have played and scores your performance. Ideal for impromptu practise sessions.
2. Challenge me: ScaleHelper will ask you to play exercises from your challenge list that is based on your chosen syllabus. ScaleHelper will identify what you need to practise and make sure you get exam ready while having fun on the way. Ideal for practising a range of exercises.
3. Choose a scale: Choose the exercise you want to play and ScaleHelper listens and gives you a score. Ideal to improve a specific musical exercise.
ScaleHelper contains everything you need for most of the instruments covered by the ABRSM, Trinity Guildhall, and MTB examining boards all the way from Grade 1 to Grade 8. ScaleHelper will be there for you every step of the way as you grow as a musician.
ScaleHelper allows you to create your own syllabus from the exercises it supports: major scales; major arpeggios; harmonic minor scales; melodic minor scales; natural minor scales; minor arpeggios; chromatic scales; dominant sevenths; diminished sevenths; augmented arpeggios; scales in thirds; whole-tone scales; and pentatonic major scales. All exercises are available starting from every tonic over 1 octave, 1 twelfth, 2 octaves, 2.5 octaves and 3 octaves. There is a range of exercise lists for popular music exams available for download.
Instruments supported include Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Clarinet, Flute, Oboe, Saxophone, Bassoon, Recorder, Trumpet, Cornet, Trombone and Horn. A full list is available at www.ScaleHelper.com along with details of the rich feature set ScaleHelper has to offer.
At less than the price of a single music lesson the guidance that ScaleHelper provides between your lessons builds on that teaching. You can dispense with the need to review scales by playing them in your lessons and instead reuse the time you gain to learn technique and perfect your pieces.
ScaleHelper supports multiple users, keeping each user's history for each of their instruments. You can save recordings to study later or to show and play to your teacher and friends. You can also email recordings to share them with others. Have fun competing with your friends to see who can get the highest score or who can maintain the highest average.
Updated for iOS11
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
shame all two octaves don't fit on the screen. Would be nice if the layout could be modded to show two octaves as reading the notes is important too!
The developer, Spectral Efficiency Ltd, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Spectral Efficiency Ltd
- 7.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Spectral Efficiency Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Violin ABRSM G1 to G8 £2.99
- Violin ABRSM G1 to G3 £0.99
- Violin ABRSM G4 £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.