Choose an exercise: see the notes and hear them played
Play the exercise: get a score, see the notes you played and listen to your performance
Jazz ScaleHelper is the fast way to improve your playing. With actual feedback based on what you played, Jazz ScaleHelper enables you to concentrate on the aspects of your playing that will help the most.
Jazz ScaleHelper has 3 modes:
1. Play any scale: Jazz ScaleHelper determines the exercise you have played and scores your performance. Ideal for impromptu practise sessions. (Not available in Jazz ScaleHelper Lite)
2. Choose a scale: Choose the exercise you want to play and Jazz ScaleHelper listens and gives you a score. Ideal to improve a specific musical exercise.
3. Challenge me: Jazz ScaleHelper will ask you to play exercises from your challenge list that is based on your chosen syllabus. Jazz ScaleHelper will identify what you need to practise and make sure you get exam ready while having fun on the way. Ideal for practising a range of exercises.
Jazz ScaleHelper contains everything you need for the instruments covered by the Jazz syllabuses from Trinity Guildhall and ABRSM examining boards. Jazz ScaleHelper will be there for you every step of the way as you grow as a musician.
Jazz ScaleHelper allows you to create your own syllabus from the exercises it supports: major scales; dorian modes; lydian modes; mixolydian modes; melodic minor scales; jazz melodic minor scales; harmonic minor scales; pentatonic major scales; pentatonic minor scales; blues scales; diminished scales; chromatic scales; whole-tone scales; phrygian modes; locrian modes; aeolian modes; major arpeggios; minor arpeggios; augmented arpeggios; major sevenths; minor sevenths; diminished sevenths; half-diminished sevenths; major/minor sevenths; and minor/major sevenths. All exercises are available starting from every tonic over 1 octave, 1 twelfth, 2 octaves, 2.5 octaves and 3 octaves. There is a range of exercise lists for popular music exams available for download. (Jazz ScaleHelper Lite only supports major scales, blues scales and major arpeggios over 1 octave)
Instruments supported include Violin, Viola, Cello, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Clarinet, Flute, Oboe, Saxophone, Bassoon, Recorder, Trumpet, Cornet, Trombone and Horn. A full list is available at www.jazz.ScaleHelper.com along with details of the rich feature set Jazz ScaleHelper has to offer.
At less than the price of a single music lesson the guidance that Jazz ScaleHelper provides between your lessons builds on that teaching. You can dispense with the need to review scales by playing them in your lessons and instead reuse the time you gain to learn technique and perfect your pieces.
Jazz ScaleHelper supports multiple users, keeping each user's history for each of their instruments. You can save recordings to study later or to show and play to your teacher and friends. You can also email recordings to share them with others. Have fun competing with your friends to see who can get the highest score or who can maintain the highest average.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
Is it sharp or is it flat the app just needs to make up its mind also only goes up to grade 3
The developer, Spectral Efficiency Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Spectral Efficiency Ltd
- 4.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Spectral Efficiency Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.