Screen Tint is a handy utility app that is designed to reduce the brightness of your Mac’s screen, proving particularly useful for users with sensitive eyes and for those that wish to use their Mac in a darker environment, but find that their screen’s brightness to be too harsh.
We recommend to use a warm tint when working at night and a cool tint for working in artificial light.
• Choose between 7 primary tint colors, with the ability to also configure any tint colour of your choice using the colour palette
• Ability to toggle the intensity of the tint colour using the ‘color intensity’ slider
• Enable the app to run between a specified time schedule automatically
• Quickly be able to enable/disable the app from the menubar itself
• Tint not only your Mac’s screen as the main display, but also attached external displays
• Perfect for users wanting to use their Mac’s in the night/dark environments
• Useful for users that have sensitive eyes and find the regular brightness levels of Macs to be too high
• Give your screen a unique colored tint that’s both good for your eyes, as well as visually appealing
- Improved support for macOS Mojave
Ratings and Reviews
Good but slightly unclear
Definitely helpful for reading, but the overlay reduces the intensity of blacks on the screen, so black text becomes kind of grey-ish. It’s still better than reading black text on a white background, but I wish this had been explained in the description as it was a bit of a surprise after I bought the app.
Good but bit foggy.
It really helps me read, but I feel like you lose a lot of clarity, as if it’s a translucent overlay rather than transparent.
Great when it work...
I have this set to come on in the evening and turn off in the morning. It doesn't bother to switch off in the morning though, so has to be manually cancelled. Also - in the menu headings - enable and disable are ambiguous. Do they mean turn on the screen tint immediately, or switch on the timer.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.