Download the new Sentencing guidelines reference app for iPad. This app is designed to enable magistrates to have free access to all Sentencing Council guidelines. Updated guidelines are added as they are released. Also includes additional materials and features to help when sentencing offenders in the magistrates’ courts.
- View offences in portrait as well as landscape.
- Browse guidelines on a single page. Scroll down to see all the content.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest published guidelines added directly to the app.
- More screen space devoted to displaying the guidelines, and it is easier to turn off the menus and toolbars so you can see more.
- Learn the latest content changes and developments in the Updates section
- Remember the page using the Bookmark feature for Offences. Bookmark offences from the index without leaving your current page. Easier to use more than one guideline at a time.
- Calculate fines for up to six offences. Make changes at any point up to the end of the calculation process.
- Highlight the guidelines to help you keep track of information as you work.
- Search and navigate Offences by Offence name, Act, Section number, or generic terms
- Offences are colour coded to clearly distinguish between those guidelines which are yet to come into force and those already in force.
- Includes additional reference materials, such as Pronouncement Cards, Bench Books, Maps of the Courts and more
- Updated Pronouncement Cards
- Updated Equal Treatment Bench Book
Ratings and Reviews
I’m afraid that compared to the other app this is pretty awful considering it’s intended for Court use. This needs to be improved rigorously in time for the demise of the other ‘paid for’ app next September (2019).
The search engine and bookmark facility are poor thus taking so much more time at the bench when trying to locate an offence. Drink/Drive courses and timings...... non existent.
Works well for me
I do not find the problems with bookmarks that others mention. The fines calculator works well. It’s pretty solid. My only gripe is that the search function isn’t great. It can be difficult to find an offence given on the printed court list because of inconsistencies in terminology.
I had used the Ambay App almost since its conception (when it was free!). It has been brilliant and always up to date - more so than the Court ipads. Sadly, as my subscription ran out in February and cannot be renewed, I now have to resort to the HMCTS version. I can now no longer mark offence page numbers for quick reference on my Court day list or create a 'favourites' list. Therefore there are inevitable, frustrating delays. I could, but dare not, say more!!
- The Sentencing Council for England and Wales
- 33 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Sentencing Council 2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.