The galaxy's finest tower defence series returns with an epic new installment!
Sentinel's award-winning strategy gameplay expands explosively as the interstellar war moves to a mysterious alien world. Deploy devastating new towers and technology against an enemy that's smarter and more deadly than ever before. Battle across vast landscapes and earn a wealth of upgrades as you explore the mystery of the Dark Star.
• A huge campaign across 26 unique maps, each also playable in Endless mode.
• A second campaign introducing more weaponry and exploring a different part of the Dark Star.
• Defend massive, multi-screen landscapes and marathon paths.
• A bestiary full of new and returning enemies. Their special abilities and varied behaviour will keep even veteran players on their toes.
• The aliens fight back with the ability to damage, disable and destroy towers. How will you choose to counter them?
• Pick your loadout from an extensive assortment of weaponry. Unlock Uber Towers that pack power to match their size.
• Deploy your own units onto the path to hinder attackers.
• Call in support from the skies with the Sentinel's trademark ship weapons.
• Unleash drones, nukes and more from your new improved Stronghold.
• Control Commander heroes to back up your defences. Earn experience and level up to gain powerful new abilities.
• Real-time dynamic lighting and shader effects bring atmosphere to the alien landscape for the best Sentinel experience yet.**
• iCloud enabled for game saving across devices.
• GameCenter for leaderboards and achievements.
• Spend your earnings on a massive selection of persistent upgrades to support your play style and complement your tactics.
• Upload your score to the Global Nexus and contribute to the worldwide cooperative push for rewards.
Follow us @origin8 on Twitter, Facebook
** Recommended for: iPad2+, iPhone4S+ and iPod Touch 5thGen+.
** The game will work on iPhone3GS, iPad1 and iPod Touch 4thGen but without these effects.
- iOS9 compatibility
- Balance tweaks and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A step backward
I absolutely loved the previous sentinel games and I am enjoying this one currently. Unfortunately I have to report that graphically (maybe a first for any game) but this latest one is just not as polished as sentinel 3.
Little things like the guns not aesthetically upgrading like in the previous series but just getting a couple of army stripes to show an upgrade smacks of maybe rushing the game (again how this is possible after such a long wait for release is strange).
The new turrets spoon feeding the player with highlighted placement squares is a shame although this could be just down to my personal taste.
And finally it is so very disappointing to find that the developers have jumped on the in game purchases option. I have not yet completed this version but I will be furious if I find the later levels almost impossible to beat without resorting to grinding out credits or purchasing them. A major misstep was to introduce damage to the towers themselves (no fun watching a much loved and earned tower be destroyed and have to start over).
Still better late than never but I do feel a little disappointed with the end product after such anticipation.
I will update this review once completed but so far I think even 3 stars maybe generous.
When can we expect to play Sentinel 3 again as still the best Defence game available well was until removed for pending update?
I assume as no response from here or my mail that you have stopped supporting these games. Shame :-(
One of the best
Love them all in this series, had this since it came out, very replay-able. Hoping for an update in the near future
- Origin8 Technologies Limited
- 384.2 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Origin8 Technologies Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Juggernaut Commander £0.99
- Medium Star Fragments pack £1.99
- Large Star Fragments pack £2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.