Simple music sketchbook tool
sequencism is a music sketchbook tool that allows the creation of short and simple pieces of music. It is designed to provide a traditional user interface of track and piano roll editors, while taking advantage of the touch-screen capabilities of the iPad. It also includes other helper tools, such as chord helper tracks.
Note that the main goal of this app is to work as a sketchbook, thus it is not recommended to use sequencism to produce complex songs or to play songs live on stage.
• Simple track mixer and visual mixer (volume, pan)
• Multitrack editor: MIDI instrument tracks, chord helper tracks
• Support for SF2* and AUv3 instruments (*lightweight SF2 files only)
• AUv3 Effects support
• AU MIDI support for instruments and effects
• Piano roll editor: add, move, copy notes within blocks
• MIDI keyboard, supports multiple scales, including user-defined scales
• Support for diatonic and chromatic chords, borrowed chords (modal interchange)
• Automatic transposing when changing chords or scales
• Supports Audiobus 3 and Ableton Link
• Support for MIDI keyboards, including Bluetooth keyboards
• Export to MIDI
• Undo, Redo
• Import MIDI files (improve existing support)
AUv3 instruments requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer.
AU MIDI requires iOS 11 or newer.
Minor bugfixes and iOS 15 updates.
Updated external libraries (Audiobus (3.0.15), Ableton Link (3.1.6)).
Ratings and Reviews
Has potential but not intuitive
I’ve just downloaded this app. It appears to have a great deal of potential but it’s the least intuitive app I’ve ever come across. Thanks for taking the time to create this app but perhaps you can simplify it for us.
Worst app ever
This app didn’t let me make a song and I couldn’t hear what I was doing please make it better so i can hear the music
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review, if you send me an email to my developer account telling me the problems you had when making music I will try my best to make the application better :-).
I hate this app
It is really difficult to use and I hate it to soooooooooooo much because it does not work
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review, if you send me an email to my developer account telling me the problems you had when making music and the things that do not work I will try my best to make the application better :-).
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rodrigo Roman
- 27 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Rodrigo Roman Castro