Siri Shortcuts deliver a quick way to get things done with your apps with just a tap or by asking Siri. The Shortcuts app enables you to create personal shortcuts with multiple steps from your favourite apps. Start from hundreds of examples in the Gallery or drag and drop to create your own.
Shortcuts includes over 300 built-in actions and works with many of your favourite apps including Contacts, Calendar, Maps, Music, Photos, Camera, Reminders, Safari and Health, as well as any app that supports Siri Shortcuts.
Use the Shortcuts app to:
• Get directions home, send your ETA and start listening to the news, just by asking Siri
• Add a home screen icon that calls a loved one
• Make animated GIFs
• Make PDFs from Safari or any app with a share sheet
• Get directions to the nearest coffee shop in one tap
• Tweet the song you're listening to
• Get all of the images on a web page
• Send a message including the last screenshot you took
• And so much more...
Shortcuts can be launched from widgets, from Search or by asking Siri. You can even add an app icon to your home screen for your favourite Shortcuts.
On Apple Watch you can access and run existing Shortcuts with just a tap, as well as add Shortcuts to your watch face as complications.
Shortcuts opens up incredible possibilities to automate things you do regularly on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
Ratings and Reviews
The Shortcuts app is very powerful! Although I don’t use it, I have seen countless videos showcasing what it is capable of and it can do some impressive stuff! For example, you can run an automation where every time you plug your iPhone into power, your wallpaper can change. This is really cool! However, I do find this app a bit complicated to use. I feel like users who are knew to it wouldn’t know how to use it. Perhaps Apple could make it slightly simpler and more intuitive? Nonetheless, Shortcuts is a great app and I strongly believe that it should be used by more users because it can significantly enhance your experience on your iPhone and iPad.
A Must have for power users.
I love creating shortcuts and been playing with it for a few years now.
But there’s still room for improvement:
1. Editing shortcuts on iOS 15 is not so great deleting actions with the X button is unresponsive or laggy sometimes it needs to be fixed.
2. I also don’t like how the app keeps asking me for permission to run certain actions even when it was Me who has created the shortcut. It breaks automations running on Pushcut Automation Server after the iOS 15 release.
3. The default Siri voice is missing from “create spoken audio from text” action.
I love it
I use it to change my app icon appearance,1st i go to blue + at the top right ,then i go to add action,then i go to scripting then press open app ,i then click app thats next to open at the top of the screen then go down the list of my apps and select the app i want to change the icon for ,then i press the 3 blue lines at the top right,then add to home screen ,i delete where it says new shortcut and write the name of the app then click on the icon to the left where it says new shortcut and add my own photo and thats how to change an apps icon appearance
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Apple Inc.