▶ Issues that will be fixed in the next update:
• Doesn't run on 10.6 Snow Leopard anymore.
• Mutes Boom 2. Workaround: http://d.pr/8Y2t
Voice chat is awesome, but sooner or later you'll send something you wish others hadn't heard.
Shush solves this problem by providing simple hotkey microphone management.
With Shush you’ll no longer have to feel awkward about the things going on around you. Whether it’s a plane flying overhead, your kids screaming, that sneeze (or something worse) you feel coming on, or just you talking to yourself, Shush makes accidental transmitting a thing of the past.
In push-to-talk mode, your microphone will be muted until you press and hold a chosen hotkey, unmuting your microphone and allowing your voice to flow freely. Release the hotkey and Shush will mute your microphone again.
In push-to-silence mode (aka “cough button”), press and hold the hotkey to immediately mute your microphone so nobody hears anything you don’t want them to. Release the hotkey and Shush will unmute your microphone.
• Take control of when you are heard
• Configure your own hotkey
• Informative menu bar icon so you always know the status of your mic
• Gorgeous retina graphics and fluid animations
Shush works with almost any* internal and external microphone or line-in, even USB and Bluetooth.
Shush works with any software that captures audio from the above hardware. This includes:
• Google Chat/Talk
• VoIP Softphones
• GarageBand/Podcast Capture
• and more…
* For a list of known incompatible hardware visit http://d.pr/gPuw
• Improved compatibility for OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
• Improved ability to mute some devices that were previously unmutable.
• Changed menu bar icon to be black and white.
• Fix for output audio being muted if Boom is installed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple, easy to use and does exactly what it promises
I’ve used it for Skype calls and works well with both my Blue Snowball mic, and Logitech C920 webcam mic. The audio help sounds make it easy to know if it’s working or not.
I was a bit flumoxed at first as it sets itself up as ‘Push to talk’ and I had to hunt through the setting to set up the more logical and useful ‘Push to mute’ Hence only 4 stars.
Brilliant - but Apple should offer this as standard
This is a fantastic little app that does exactly what it says. I use it so I can briefly mute myself, for example to cough, and then carry on. Why on earth this is something that isn’t available as Standard on my iMac is beyond me but I’m glad someone is offering this function.
Great little utility. Does exactly the right thing.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.