"This studio app complements the other sight singing apps in the series. It is really flexible - you can enter whatever short melodies and exercises you choose, and really use it to focus on what you need or fragments of pieces you are working on." -- a 5-star review at App Store
This app is for training on 'sight singing', the ability to read and sing music on sight. It will measure the pitch you sing for each note and provide feedback so that you can know if that pitch is correct or not. This 'Studio' version of the app provides the functionality to input, edit, and share music scores (including the MusicXML file import) so that you can make your own scores and practice with them.
《 For teachers 》
- Use this app to make short etudes that fit the lessons for your students. (Assignment sheets can be sent to your students, and you can receive and manage the students' performance data.)
《 For personal 》
- Use this app to train yourself by focusing on difficult parts of your practice pieces.
《 For members of a choir, an ensemble, or a brass band 》
- Use this app to practice your own part.
=== Main Feature List (including the functionality available with subscription) ===
* Selecting a clef from treble, bass, alto, and tenor.
* Selecting a key from fifteen major and fifteen minor keys.
* Selecting time signature from 2/2, 3/2, 4/2, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 3/8, 6/8, and 9/8.
* Supports for notes/rests of whole, half, quarter, eighth, and sixteenth.
* Setting the number of bars.
* Supports for ties, dotted notes, and triplets.
* Changing the tempo.
* Adding texts/lyrics.
* Loading 300+ music sheets from Library.
* Importing/exporting MusicXml files (The export is available only on macOS).
* Sending a music sheet to others such as your students via email.
* Sending and receiving a recording data via email.
* Managing your students' performance data.
* Measuring the pitch you sing for each note and providing feedback so that you can know if that pitch is correct or not.
* Recording your song and playing back with correct melody.
* Scale practice mode.
=== Subscriptions ===
You can unlock all the app's functions.
* US$1.99 / Monthly
* US$19.99 / Yearly
* Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase.
* The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
* You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
* You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated.
* Free trials may only be used once. Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription.
* Terms & Conditions
=== FAQ ===
Q. How can I import a file into the app?
A. In order to import a file, all you need to do is to open it with Sight Singing Studio. iPhone/iPad provides various ways to open a file with a specific app, and you can choose any way you like. For example, if you want to open a file attached to an email, you can follow the steps of the 'Open an attachment with another app' section on this Apple's support site: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/work-with-attachments-iph845853585/ios
Q. The app does not seem to provide correct feedback.
A. There would be multiple possible factors causing it. Please check the following things first:
1) Even when you sing the correct pitch, if its timing is not quite right, the feedback will be affected. We recommend to try using a headset or earphones so that you can hear the metronome sound as background while you are singing.
2) The feedback could be affected by ambient noise. We recommend to use the app in a quiet room.
- Performance improvement.
Ratings and Reviews
No iCloud backup!
All my files disappeared a while ago, only for me to find this app doesn’t back up to the cloud. The developer didn’t care. Luckily, Apple were able to restore them for me by another - very time -consuming route. Now a huge chunk of my music has mysteriously disappeared again. No point in contacting the developer … Be aware before you spend hours feeding in music you need to learn!
Developer Response ,
We are sorry for the problem caused by the app. We are aware that the version 4.0.3 of the app, which was released on early December 2021, had a bug that could cause music score data to be lost. It has been fixed in subsequent versions (the current version is 4.1.0). If you still have an issue with newer versions, please contact us through our customer support. Also, we are now working on iCloud support, and plan to release it soon.
[Edited on 2022/01/22] iCloud has been supported by the new version, v4.1.1.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Satoru Fukushima
- 73.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.7 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2022 Satoru Fukushima
- In-App Purchases
- Studio Premium Access Yearly £17.49
- Studio Premium Access Monthly £1.79