"Fantastic app. I don't have enough positive things to say about this app. I am teaching my daughter to sight sing with it - she loves it, I love it." -- a 5-star review at App Store
"Easy to configure, great for sight singing and ear training. Play back function gives instant feedback. I use this daily." -- a 5-star review at App Store
This app is for training on 'sight singing', the ability to read and sing music on sight. It will measure the pitch you sing for each note and provide feedback so that you can know if that pitch is correct or not.
The videos of the music sheets used in 'Sight Singing Pro', this app's sister product, are available: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOAq6dOKra6AGL13n_YGXxgwYDI-LOEmf
=== How to Use ===
1. Press 'Tonic' to check the tonic of the music score.
2. [only on the iPhone version] Scroll through the score to get the picture of a whole song.
3. Press 'Start' and begin singing along with the score.
4. The color of a note will change to green when the pitch you sing is correct. A red note will be displayed when your pitch is off.
5. Push 'Play' to listen to the song in the correct pitch.
=== Main Feature List ===
* Changing the tempo.
* Selecting a treble clef or a bass clef.
* Recording your song and playing back with correct melody.
* Displaying syllables in fixed-do or moveable-do. (Also, a double-tap on the music score will hide/show them easily.)
* Scale practice mode.
* Report section to show your performance report.
* Selecting a level of score difficulty.
=== FAQ ===
Q. The app does not seem to provide correct feedback.
A. There would be multiple possible factors causing it. Please check the following things first:
1) Even when you sing the correct pitch, if its timing is not quite right, the feedback will be affected. We recommend to try using a headset or earphones so that you can hear the metronome sound as background while you are singing.
2) The feedback could be affected by ambient noise. We recommend to use the app in a quiet room.
Special Thanks to:
- Kaori Engler (for German translation)
- Kaya Yuki (for Simplified Chinese translation)
- Performance improvement.
Ratings and Reviews
Still using it but after a week I have seen a massive improvement already. I am an adult learner too and was beginning to think it was not possible to get aural skills (I wasted my time interval training for over 4 years before finding functional/solfege training. Other apps were okay but because this makes you sing it really embeds it in.)
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your message. We are glad to hear that the app works well for you.
First study app my daughter loves
My daughter has started singing lessons after the tutor insisted she had amazing range and ability etc She is a very experienced tutor and was bursting with excitement at her ability.
Then the reality of her only being 5 years old with no prior experience starts to kick in.
She can singalong or repeat anything sung to her and follow the words on the music sheet, but adjusting her pitch to the notes on the music sheet is going to be our first big hurdle.
I try this app and I’m immediately worried about her needing to be timing and pitch perfect for a high score because she struggles making mistakes, but she doesn’t care. In fact I think her score being so fluid with actually help address her perfectionism.
As a complete beginner, I would like to be able to create my own music sheet so that we could work specifically on any note changes that my daughter was struggling to make in a particular song. This feature would also allow a more tailored introduction into what each note sounded like, maybe repeating the same note continuously etc.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your message. We are glad to hear that your daughter likes our app. For creating your own music sheet, you might be interested in its sister app, Sight Singing Studio (https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/id1161212527). It provides the functions to create your own music sheets and sight-sing with them. Thanks again for your using our app.
“This app looks crap” that was my first assumption when I reluctantly downloaded it. Boy I was wrong. I am doing grade 4 ABRSM singing and I need to get my sight singing up and this app has helped so much. Honestly the creator(s) are/is amazing and I praise you with all my heart thank you, thank you thank you!!!! If possible can you add in various different scales 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 THANK YOU🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Satoru Fukushima
- 46.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 Satoru Fukushima
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.