* * * * Lovie Award Winner * * * *
* * * * International Webby Award Honoree * * * *
Animated children’s stories in American Sign Language, narration and captions. These books are particularly helpful for teachers of children with special educational needs including autism and dyslexia. Stories have been selected carefully to support teachers working to Common Core State Standards and the ECERS-R scale.
Educational institutions can get 50% discount when purchasing 20 or more copies of the app through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program for Education.
All books include:
● expert American Sign Language translations for deaf children, non-verbal children who use ASL and for children learning to communicate visually (Comprehension and Collaboration, Knowledge of Language)
● clear narration to educate and entertain hearing children (Phonological Awareness)
● captions so children can see what words look like (Phonics and Word Recognition). Captions can be customized by size, color contrast and font style to make reading easier for children and adults with dyslexia
● the option to turn each element on and off independently so teachers, carers and parents can change the delivery of each story as necessary
● a video dictionary to build vocabulary (Vocabulary Acquisition and Use)
● two interactive games to extend storytelling, develop motor skills and encourage learning through play
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
"I use Signed Stories to start conversations, give language models that I can discuss with my students, and ask questions based on the story." Tutor of deaf children, USA
“Signed Stories is an outstanding addition to any child's library. These highly versatile apps give your child the opportunity to experience a story like no other...your child is given the chance to be exposed to literacy on its highest level.” Dawn Andell, Educational Resource Specialist, USA
“Thank you for bringing such incredible storytellers to my app world.” Teacher, USA
Books in Signed Stories Book Bundle #2 for Schools:
Everyone is unique, everyone is special and working together is a great way to get things done - these simple lessons about the acceptance of others are shared in these stories of everyday life.
A Friend Like Simon
Simon has autism and sometimes acts a little differently to other children in the class. Matthew isn’t sure if he wants a friend like Simon - but a school trip helps Matthew to change his mind! This story encourages children to accept the differences of others and shows the importance of friendships.
Going to Buy Clothes
This book has been specially created to support language development and the learning of day-to-day skills. Throughout this book the emphasis is on the boy taking the lead - he chooses his own t-shirt and pays at the checkout - and it’s ideal for encouraging children to take the initiative and be independent.
This is a beautiful picture book, but there’s also a deeper meaning. We have no idea why the little girl has a black cloud above her. The story can be interpreted in different ways to suit the needs of families and teachers - for example dealing with loss and grief, with loneliness and feeling excluded.
The Elves and the Shoemaker
This book encourages children to think about others. In this story the elves do a good deed without expecting any reward. It also reminds children to say thank you when someone is kind to them.
The Lost Stars
This story gives children a new perspective on the world and a new appreciation of the natural world. It also shows that there are consequences to actions.
Tom’s Special Talent
Tom isn’t sure if he has any talent at all when he sees how good his friends are at reading and writing. But a school competition helps him to find his own very special talent! This book deals sensitively with Tom’s dyslexia and clearly shows the different ways that children can be creative and express themselves.
Resolves an issue with the video player on modern iOS devices.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ITV Broadcasting Limited
- 75.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © ITV SignPost
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.