This is the Pro version of SimpleCAD.
SimpleCAD2 is an easy, simple to learn 2D Computer Aided Design program (CAD) made to meet all of your basic design needs.
SimpleCAD2 is more than just a vector paint program, because you could move, copy, edit, scale, rotate and offset… objects.
(* Number of objects/shapes added to each document is limited, you could upgrade to Pro-Version to remove this limitation. *)
Main Functions of the application:
- Multi-sheets: Each document support multiple sheets of drawing canvas
- Basic draw items: including freehand lines, line, polyline, orthogonal line, tangent line, parallel line, rectangle, polygon, circle, arc (NOTE: native ellipse is not supported, only support ellipse created by polyline object). Text box, callout box, picture box (imported from image file), measure items…
- Modify functions: move, erase, copy, mirror, offset, rotate, scale, stretch items' vertices, lengthen, trim, extend, break, chamfer, fillet and explode polyline, join, array, polar array...
- Auto Snap point setting: Snap to grid, end points of objects, on entity, center of arc - line - circle, middle point of arc - line, intersections, snap to top, left, right, bottom edges of a circle, arc
- Multi layers: you could create new layer to draw more items. Layers could be shown, hidden independently.
- Add image: You could add any image file (support file type: svg, svgz, gif, jpeg, png, bmp, pict, tiff) to display as an item inside the application.
Image file could be shown in following modes: Stretch / Fit inside bound / Fit outside bound.
The application also allows to DRAG/DROP many image files directly from Finder (or press Cmd-V to paste image from current Clipboard) to current editing window to add them to the diagram.
- Add items (block) to Block Template list:
Right click on selected items then select "Add to template list" to save the block to template list so that you can reuse it later
- Customizable background:
Background color, total size of the diagram could be changed during editing.
Background color also can be set to transparent.
- Open/Save to "*.AAD" file:
AAD (*.aad) is the new file type created only for this application.
Press "Cmd-S" to save current diagram to an AAD file so that you could load it later for editing.
- Capture to clipboard:
Press "Cmd-9" or click on Capture button to export current diagram image to clipboard, then you could paste that image to another application.
Example: Open [Preview] application, press "Cmd-N" to paste above captured image to view or to save to an image file.
Of course, you could paste that image to Excel, Word application too.
- SUPPORT MULTI-LANGUAGES:
- Supports Metric or English units (you could change it in the Preferences dialog)
- Unlimited Undo/Redo (shortcut key: Cmd-Z / Shift-Cmd-Z)
- Support Thumbnail view
- Copy / Paste (shortcut key: Cmd-C / Cmd-V)
- Group / Ungroup Items (shortcut key: Cmd-G / Shift-Cmd-G)
- Lock/Unlock items position (shortcut key: Cmd-L / Shift-Cmd-L)
- Change display order
- Export to png, jpeg, tiff, pdf image file (shortcut key: Cmd-E)
- Print supported (shortcut key: Cmd-P)
- Support macOS 11
- Support Apple silicon
- Allow to import/export custom favorite shapes
- Allow to find/replace string inside shapes
- Add shortcut: hold SPACE key then move mouse to maneuver around document
- Improve UI
- Fix bugs
Ratings and Reviews
I draw a line bnetween two points. Then try to draw another line from the end of one line to anopther direction.
It grabs the first line in the centre as the starting point for nmy new line.. it wil not allow me to draw a seecond line from the end of the first line.
The command box doesn't work. When I type in xy coordinates, it delets them. Wasted an hour tryiung to draw a simple shape.
It is what it says in the name.
I was looking for a simple to use/learn drawing application and stumbled upon this program which was free to try. Started using the app for a new project and found it simple to use untill I had exhausted the limitted number of inputs. To continue required me to purchase, but as I had found the app easy to use and it did exactly what I wanted I made the purchase. Money well spent, and something I had been looking for for a while.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tien Thinh Vu
- 12.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Vu Tien Thinh
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Standard Features £17.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.