Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember things and generate new ideas. We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
SimpleMind is designed to synchronize your Mind Maps across platforms. For example (as a separate purchase) for iPad/iPhone - https://simplemind.eu/download/full-edition/
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 7 years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Unique free layout or different auto layouts.
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox, Google Drive or your own Nextcloud based server.
• Add media and documents.
• Share Mind Maps.
• Change and customize the appearance.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free layout
○ or use one of the different auto layouts (great for brainstorming)
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
○ start with an image at the center of the Mind Map
○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect
○ use single select or multiple select
○ use checkboxes, auto-numbering
○ link any two topics with a crosslink
○ label relations
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox, Nextcloud or Google Drive
○ sync your Mind Maps with other devices using Dropbox, Nextcloud or Google Drive as a conduit
○ avoid data loss by recovering deleted Mind Maps
○ restore previous versions of a Mind Map
○ Dropbox stores deleted files and file versions for at least 30 days
• Add media and documents
○ voice memos
○ icons (stock or custom)
○ links (navigation or hyperlink)
• Share your Mind Map
○ for example as PDF or Image
○ outline, can be imported in word processors
○ import/export as Freemind or opml
○ use the presentation mode to show your Mind Map to others
• Change and customize the appearance
○ apply our pre-defined style sheets
○ pick colors from the style color palette or choose custom colors
○ change the appearance of topics and lines
○ customize background color
• Maintain overview
○ collapse and expand branches
○ hide or show branches or topics
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
○ organize your Mind Maps in folders
• Easily style topics, lines and more, with the new Style tab in the inspector. Open with Command+5.
• As a result the old style toolbar is hidden by default.
• Tap once in blank space to display the mind map style when the style inspector is open.
• The Files tab supports Import en Import pdf bookmarks.
• Clear history in the Files tab via the right click context menu.
• To switch focus, for example from Notes tot Editor use the Main menu View | Focus Editor or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Cmd+0.
• Mac OS 10.13 or prior: The Style Sheets are moved to the Stylesheet tab in the inspector. Open with Command+4.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
What mind mapping software should be
I have used mind maps for many years now and find them unbeatable for brainstorming, planning and revision. SimpleMind is more expensive than most but it does so much more that it easily justifies the extra price. I like to start in Gray scale mode because it is completely bare and uncluttered, then when you have the basic mind map set out I like to use the colour to make it memorable and to make sections stand out as and when I want them to. The tutorials on the website are really good and it doesn’t take very long to be impressed by the power and flexibility of this programme. I thoroughly recommend it.
Developer Response ,
It doesn't get any easier than this
I fell in love with this app after the first time I used it, It is very simple to work out and has some very good features.
I use it quite a lot now and it has replaced many of my other methods of preparing talks and seminars etc., even the smallest presentations are now done with this app.
The Mac version is expensive but well worth it, there is obviously more to it that the ipad version but the sync is very good through Dropbox.
I can confidently recommend this app to anyone, it is well worthy of the five stars I have given it.
Very Powerful tool
I use this to collate ideas and show links and interdependencies in my work. It's easy to use and gives me a very organic way of presenting information to clients. I particularly like the responses when they first see it, as it gives a refreshing apprach to the more widely used presentation slide tools. The recent developemtns have made it simpler to use - the abilty to hyperlink is really helpful and makes it suitable for presenting very complex ideas and findings.
- ModelMaker Tools BV
- 5.1 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2019, ModelMaker Tools BV
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.