Bring 3D models to life on iPad or iPhone using SketchUp Viewer. Navigate and present your own SketchUp projects, or explore the millions of free models in 3D Warehouse for FREE! That’s right, SketchUp Viewer is a FREE app (sign-in required)!
Explore, present, and communicate in 3D. Here’s how:
• Open or download models directly from 3D Warehouse or Trimble Connect. You can also open models using the iOS ‘Open In’ feature, for example when opening .SKP files sent as email attachments.
• SketchUp Viewer supports Apple’s Files app, making it easy to open models from Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud and other file storage apps.
• Augmented reality (AR) viewing features enable you to experience your 3D models by merging them with the world around you. AR model viewing features are available for all SketchUp Shop, SketchUp Pro and SketchUp Studio subscribers (also available via in-app purchase. $9.99 USD/yr.)
• With the Select tool and Entity Info panel you are able to get information about edge lengths, the area of faces, volume of solids, and component and group definitions.
• Navigate using multi-touch gestures for orbiting, panning and zooming.
• Choose to view your projects from any of the standard views or Scenes that you may have created up in SketchUp’s desktop and web modelers.*
• Switch between perspective and orthographic cameras for production and architectural drawings.
• Take measurements using the Tape Measure tool and adjust unit preferences to see measurements, dimension strings and Entity Info in the units of your choice.
• Turn layers on or off to control the visibility of parts of your model.
• Control the look and feel of your model by adjusting Edge and Face styles, including X-ray mode, along with toggles to control the visibility of Shadows, Hidden Geometry, Section Planes, Section Cuts, Axes, and Watermarks.
• Move existing section planes to get just the right interior view of models, or visualize important elevation and plan views.
*The app supports the following scene properties: Camera location and properties, Hidden Geometry, Visible Layers, Active Section Planes, Standard Edge Styles, Face Styles, Background/Sky/Ground Style settings, Watermarks and Axes Location.
For information and instructions, please visit: http://help.sketchup.com/en/mobile-viewer
This app is recommended for iPhone/iPad devices running iOS 11 or higher with a minimum of 1024Mb of RAM (Retina iPads or newer, iPhone 5 or newer).
The AR feature uses ARKit and is compatible with iPhone 6s and newer, iPad Pro, or any 2017 iPad or newer, running iOS 11 or later.
SketchUp Viewer offers premium, AR model viewing via in-app subscription at a price of $9.99 USD per year. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before your subscription expiration date. Your account will be charged $9.99 USD for renewal within 24-hours prior to your subscription expiration date. You can manage your subscriptions at any time, and/or turn off auto-renewal, by visiting your Account Settings after your initial purchase is complete.
• Fixed an issue that was affecting some customers who were trying to access AR model viewing.
• Plus other misc bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Almost 5 stars
Excellent app, but it would be helpful if you could build a drop down menu of your favourite actions, instead of having to navigate the side bar options. A few more instructions would also help.
It doesn’t download your whole file
I have made a house recently on the chrome tab on my PC and I wanted to view it on my iPad, however this app does not download or let you view your whole file, I believe that it only show you the file up to when you first saved it because it shows you the accurate file size but does not download the whole thing so you can’t see what you have completed... apart from this it would have done exactly what I wanted it to do... I hope this gets fixed in an update! Also for some reason it thinks I live in America not Europe, so it’s been saving my files in an American server...
Brilliant App, Very smooth experience
Viewer is a great app, it helps me present and analyse my work when I’m not near a computer which can be essential.
The recent updates have brought essential performance improvements, all models I can find now run perfectly on the app with my iPhone 6. The starter project “Dance Center” runs amazingly, the complex polygons used are rendered with ease and the model is a pleasure to view.
Great work on the app, keep the updates coming!
- Trimble Inc.
- 232.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Trimble Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AR Model Viewing £9.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.