Skwitch is the brand new musical instrument from Skoogmusic. It clips straight on to your iPhone, so within minutes you can use it to create music, learn coding + more - it’s a bit like magic, but better.
Just press the Skwitch to step through your favorite melodies, one note at a time, expressively shaping the sound as you squeeze.
Mix and match with chords and arpeggios and you are ready to start improvising or jamming along with friends or your favorite tunes.
Simple drag and drop music notation makes it quick and easy to compose your own riffs, melodies and chord sequences. Just pick a key and you'll always stay in tune, even if you've never written any music before.
When you’re ready to explore new sounds, record your compositions or delve into the world of expressive MIDI/MPE, the simple interface helps you to connect wirelessly from your iPhone to GarageBand, Logic or almost any other Bluetooth MIDI compatible music app running on your iPad or Mac (iPad 3 onwards).
There are plenty of helpful tutorial videos built into the app, so be sure to watch for help getting started, connecting to your iPad or Mac or to learn about any of the other more advanced features.
You can also use Skwitch to explore coding in Swift Playgrounds using this app. Simply attach Skwitch to your iPhone as normal, then connect from your iPhone to Swift Playgrounds on your iPad using Bluetooth MIDI. Fun exercises and templates are available to download directly within the Swift Playgrounds app to help guide you. Learn how to code your own Skwitch controllable musical instruments, or use it to fly drones or make robots dance.
This app is intended for use with Skwitch (purchased separately) and iPhone only and will not provide any functionality if installed directly on an iPad or iPod Touch.
* New iPhone 11 connectivity.
* Full MIDI channel isolation for improved MIDI mapping. You can now choose to transmit a single control channel at a time to make it easier to select for mapping in third party apps.
* New connection helper for use in environments with strong magnetic background.
* New settings items, featuring a compass orientation selector that lets you turn orientation correction on or off. Turning orientation correction off may help prevent occasional drifting input signals on some older iPhones when used in proximity to strong magnets.
Bug fixes & improvements:
* Fixed bug that caused the app to crash frequently when in MIDI mode.
* Manual connection override for improved connectivity with older iPhones.
* Improved appearance in dark-mode
* Fixed bug in iOS 13 that caused the vocal tract model to stop working
* Corrected an issue where notes would get stuck when the app returned from the background in iOS 13.
* Fix for font bug introduced with iOS 13.
* iPhone 11 connectivity is currently optimised for use in non-magnetic environments and users may experience issues when using it near strong magnets or magnetic objects. It should be possible to workaround any issues using the newly added connection helper.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is cool!
- Skoogmusic Ltd
- 157.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Skoogmusic Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.