SkyDemon is Europe's favourite software for VFR flight planning and in-flight navigation.
Use this app to access your SkyDemon subscription on your iOS device, unlocking SkyDemon's powerful features while on the move.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
- SkyDemon vector charts are the clearest aeronautical charts you'll ever use, with dynamic airspace clipping and choice of map layers
- Route planning is as simple as touching consecutive waypoints and dragging to make changes
- Virtual Radar shows how your route relates to airspace, terrain, obstructions and other features
- Pilot Log facility calculates headings and groundspeeds from actual wind data, and shows useful frequencies
- Plates and other documents for relevant airfields are displayed automatically as you plan, and many are available georeferenced for use in flight
- Intuitive pan, pinch and rotate support with no loss of map clarity or text legibility
- File a VFR flightplan for your route directly to air traffic controllers
- Automatic TAF, METAR and SIGMET briefing as you plan a route, with graphical decoding
- Rainfall data can be overlaid on the main map, with animation, showing the trend of rainfall over time
- Integration of GAFOR route forecasts for Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia
- Both narrow-route and area NOTAM briefings available, updated as you plan
- Advanced NOTAM graphical interpretation and depiction on the main map
- Easily print your PLOG and the output from various briefings
- Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards to your flight, updated in real time
- Airfield Admin Information shows useful contacts and other details for airfields featured in our charts
- Forecast winds aloft are automatically retrieved for the flight time and displayed on the map
- Create an advanced flight performance profile for each aircraft you use
- ATS Routes mode offers an alternative chart presentation for flight along airways
- Accurate fuel, weight and balance calculations including flight costings
- Create an unlimited number of user-defined waypoints
- Analyse your track logs for posterity
- Choose between six different vector chart styles
- Extensive European chart coverage as standard
GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Intelligent warnings for approaching airspace, NOTAM, obstacles, terrain and other hazards
- Virtual Radar shows a side-on projection of all approaching features and how your trajectory relates to them
- Vector map automatically follows the aircraft in north up, track up or course up orientation
- Clear and concise instruments show you flight statistics and help keep you on track
- An HSI/ILS instrument helps you keep to your planned route and line up early for approach
- Live Pilot Log shows progress through your route, ETAs, ATAs and useful frequencies based on your current position
- TerrainSafe dynamically colours mountainous terrain around you to quickly identify safer areas
- Direct To allows easy re-routing in a hurry by picking from a selection of nearby airfields
- Approach Information shows runway diagrams, TAF, METAR, NOTAM and other airfield details useful for making an approach
- Live updates of TAF and METAR while in flight, with associated alerts*
- Extended runway centrelines appear automatically on the map as you near your destination airfield
- Permanent display of position relative to nearest well-known waypoint, for position reporting
- Easy changing of the planned route while in flight by touching and dragging
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Internet connection required for live weather update while in flight
- Military Grid Reference System (MGRS) coordinates can now be entered into the Find window
- Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) coordinates can now be entered into the Find window
- You can now edit the aircraft registration in a track log
- Fall back to Location Services on connection failure of SkyEcho 2, Flarm or PilotAware traffic receivers
Ratings and Reviews
Planning Simple and intuitive. Updates fast. Links to our ADSB set up quickly but is then using the position data from the ADSB unit/ Rasberry pc. Ours is not as stable as an iPad so need to think it through which Unit to pair or get ADSB/ Flarm to another device. I think the dedicated stand alone ADSB devices maybe better. Not linked it to the new MS FS yet so hope it will link so I can practice with both together. On the mini iPad 4 I have it works well in flying mode. Yesterday completed a procedural ILS with the AIP plate overplayed so was a useful backup device although not approved as an IFR navigator . I have used Garmin Pilot which is a great app too. It offers more in the way of help to an IFR pilot but is definitely not as easy to use. At the moment I pay monthly but I think I’ll buy it outright after using for a few more months. Nothing negative to say but note my ADSB comments .
Very well thought out and implemented
Having used the main opposition in the UK for years, I decided to give SkyDemon a go, so that I could be familiar with both major flying apps when instructing. SkyDemon is well thought out and implemented. The NOTAM interface is clear and very easy to use. There are a host of useful functions too numerous to mention in a short review, but downloading the trial version gave me sufficient time to look at them all. For en route planning and navigation, it is excellent. The chart is not as detailed as the half-mil CAA Charts that you can use with the opposition. In my local area, this means the omission of some glaringly obvious ground features, including an entire RAF/USAF base, and a series of distinctive square lakes. Yes, I know the GPS tells you where you are, but I still want to be able to confirm my position with a visual fix.
Ultimate pressure relief
The flexibility of the SkyDemon package is nothing short of astounding. Issuing of flight plans (albeit not every ATC are able to decipher coordinates) weather updates, metar, wind info, zooming in on airfields and seeing the live windsock detail: this has me slacking with vor and the gns nav seems to have taken a back seat.
Being able to create fully detailed routes and never being stuck when ATC throw a question and your response is almost instant and accurate enables the flight to be enjoyed and increases safety of all those on board.
Brilliant app that I’ll be using as long as I’m flying. Off blocks and flight log is a recently added gem.
All we need now is the updated local pub menu added to the airfield areas! And why not?
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Divelements Limited
- 68.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Divelements Limited
- In-App Purchases
- SkyDemon iOS Subscription £199.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.