SkyDemon is Europe's favourite software for VFR flight planning and in-flight navigation.
Use this app to access your SkyDemon subscription on your iOS device, unlocking SkyDemon's powerful features while on the move.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
- SkyDemon vector charts are the clearest aeronautical charts you'll ever use, with dynamic airspace clipping and choice of map layers
- Route planning is as simple as touching consecutive waypoints and dragging to make changes
- Virtual Radar shows how your route relates to airspace, terrain, obstructions and other features
- Pilot Log facility calculates headings and groundspeeds from actual wind data, and shows useful frequencies
- Plates and other documents for relevant airfields are displayed automatically as you plan, and many are available georeferenced for use in flight
- Intuitive pan, pinch and rotate support with no loss of map clarity or text legibility
- File a VFR flightplan for your route directly to air traffic controllers
- Automatic TAF, METAR and SIGMET briefing as you plan a route, with graphical decoding
- Rainfall data can be overlaid on the main map, with animation, showing the trend of rainfall over time
- Integration of GAFOR route forecasts for Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia
- Both narrow-route and area NOTAM briefings available, updated as you plan
- Advanced NOTAM graphical interpretation and depiction on the main map
- Easily print your PLOG and the output from various briefings
- Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards to your flight, updated in real time
- Airfield Admin Information shows useful contacts and other details for airfields featured in our charts
- Forecast winds aloft are automatically retrieved for the flight time and displayed on the map
- Create an advanced flight performance profile for each aircraft you use
- ATS Routes mode offers an alternative chart presentation for flight along airways
- Accurate fuel, weight and balance calculations including flight costings
- Create an unlimited number of user-defined waypoints
- Analyse your track logs for posterity
- Choose between six different vector chart styles
- Extensive European chart coverage as standard
GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Intelligent warnings for approaching airspace, NOTAM, obstacles, terrain and other hazards
- Virtual Radar shows a side-on projection of all approaching features and how your trajectory relates to them
- Vector map automatically follows the aircraft in north up, track up or course up orientation
- Clear and concise instruments show you flight statistics and help keep you on track
- An HSI/ILS instrument helps you keep to your planned route and line up early for approach
- Live Pilot Log shows progress through your route, ETAs, ATAs and useful frequencies based on your current position
- TerrainSafe dynamically colours mountainous terrain around you to quickly identify safer areas
- Direct To allows easy re-routing in a hurry by picking from a selection of nearby airfields
- Approach Information shows runway diagrams, TAF, METAR, NOTAM and other airfield details useful for making an approach
- Live updates of TAF and METAR while in flight, with associated alerts*
- Extended runway centrelines appear automatically on the map as you near your destination airfield
- Permanent display of position relative to nearest well-known waypoint, for position reporting
- Easy changing of the planned route while in flight by touching and dragging
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Internet connection required for live weather update while in flight
- Direct flightplan export to Garmin Pilot is now possible via the Share option in the route menu
- FIXED: Urban areas could be hidden in non-SkyDemon chart styles
Ratings and Reviews
Very well thought out and implemented
Having used the main opposition in the UK for years, I decided to give SkyDemon a go, so that I could be familiar with both major flying apps when instructing. SkyDemon is well thought out and implemented. The NOTAM interface is clear and very easy to use. There are a host of useful functions too numerous to mention in a short review, but downloading the trial version gave me sufficient time to look at them all. For en route planning and navigation, it is excellent. The chart is not as detailed as the half-mil CAA Charts that you can use with the opposition. In my local area, this means the omission of some glaringly obvious ground features, including an entire RAF/USAF base, and a series of distinctive square lakes. Yes, I know the GPS tells you where you are, but I still want to be able to confirm my position with a visual fix.
Simply the best
Everything you'd hope a modern flight planning and navigation system would be. Fabulous graphics, scaled, rotated and decluttered to order to give the full benefit of vector maps and use all the resolution of today's hardware, plus beautiful integration of navigation, airspace, weather, NOTAMS, flight plans and GAR forms.
When I made my first international flights, wrestling with multiple paper charts, airfield guides, ruler, protractor, wizz wheel and flight plan forms could take more than an hour; now it takes 10-15 minutes and it's safer, more up to date and more comprehensive as well as quicker.
It's the only way to fly.
A huge advance in safety and enjoyment
Even using Skydemon’s basic features vastly increases the efficiency and accuracy of flight planning and airborne navigation.
But, if you take the time to become familiar with more features and use them regularly, you will undoubtedly enjoy more adventurous trips with much less attendant stress.
Of course, however good an electronic navigation system is, draw a line on a physical chart and have it with you in case the power goes down. But, for day to day flying, Skydemon has really made me feel much more situationally aware, safer and left me more time to actually enjoy the challenges of VFR flight.
- Divelements Limited
- 53.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Divelements Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.