Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Call landline and device numbers and send SMS messages anywhere in the world at affordable prices using Skype. Reach non-Skype users or contacts who are not online by choosing Skype Credit or Skype subscriptions.
Choose Skype Credit as a pay-as-you-go option to call and SMS. If you call specific destinations, save even more with monthly subscriptions. Skype subscriptions are monthly calling plans that let you make unlimited, or fixed-minute calls to landlines (and mobiles where applicable). Subscriptions begin at $2.99 a month for US, and can vary by destination. To make an in-app purchase, open the app, go to the Call tab and tap on the Skype to Phone banner. Skype Credit and Subscriptions purchased from the Skype app will be charged to your iTunes account when the purchase has been confirmed.
Your account will be charged for Skype subscription renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your subscription is renewed automatically unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period of subscription.
You can manage your subscription by going to your Apple ID account settings and choosing the auto-renewal option or turning it off at any time after your purchase.
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Schedule a call for groups
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
Contact & History etc lists
I shouldn't have to keep contacts I don’t know on my list even with my news details. I have updated refreshed and still they appear. I can’t even remove any it only randomly lets me or not at all.
I should have the right to remove these contacts completely forever without the need for blocking. Feeling at peace and requests I can accept if I know them vice versa.
Why don’t you actually listen and has for deactivating account completely. I don’t want to add another email or mobile number. Why make it difficult for this spoils it for me. I don’t care if people I use to know have still got my old details I don’t want to be associated with them my account my rules besides some have new info so now I am getting odds appear in my personal space. So don’t want to click on anyone I don’t know or chat to by accident, such a breach of security like hellllloooo Skype?? Allow us some control at least please cos all this new fancy stuff is a tad confusing and misleading? Sorry but it’s the truth!! Not happy about this!!
Skype credit problem
I loaded my Skype with £10 credit to make important texts to my family. But nothing was loaded into my account. Trying to phone Skype is impossible. So not user friendly there for a start. Texting a customer advisor was the other option. But a customer advisor can only help you to the extent what tools the employer provides them to help. I this case it was none what so ever. I was told they was unable to provide me with emergency credit and when I asked if I would be compensated for this 24 hr ongoing issue so far, I had no answer for that again. It is sad when such a big company can not help out its customers in a way that they should be helped and answered for monies they have paid and prompt service they should be give. I appreciate there are technical difficulties. But the provider should compensate Skype and Skype should compensate its customers even if its a £5.00 to say sorry for an on going 24 hr issue so far
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 151.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2019 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit £4.99
- Skype Credit £9.99
- Skype Credit £23.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.