Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 49 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!"
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Call landline and device numbers and send SMS messages anywhere in the world at affordable prices using Skype. Reach non-Skype users or contacts who are not online by choosing Skype Credit or Skype subscriptions.
Choose Skype Credit as a pay-as-you-go option to call and SMS. If you call specific destinations, save even more with monthly subscriptions. Skype subscriptions are monthly calling plans that let you make unlimited, or fixed-minute calls to landlines (and mobiles where applicable). Subscriptions begin at $2.99 a month for US, and can vary by destination. To make an in-app purchase, open the app, go to the Call tab and tap on the Skype to Phone banner. Skype Credit and Subscriptions purchased from the Skype app will be charged to your iTunes account when the purchase has been confirmed.
Your account will be charged for Skype subscription renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your subscription is renewed automatically unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period of subscription.
You can manage your subscription by going to your Apple ID account settings and choosing the auto-renewal option or turning it off at any time after your purchase.
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
Skype Contacts online?
4 stars it’s really good it has many features and I love the mojis as well. It’s amazing during quarantine where I can just talk with my friends and my family. Also it’s nice as you can add people while your calling (unlike FaceTime) and I think MOST of the time you won’t have a problem......
The reason I gave this app 4 stars is because it’s sometimes a little bit hard to hear what the other person/people are/is saying. Also it’s a little bit slow, mainly when you turn the camera.
Now to my main, usually Skype have colours when your friends are online, been online recently, or off. (Like WhatsApp has last seen and online and messages do not) but it said green so I text my friend, and then I called her, it’s still showing green, and then she texts me “can’t call I’m painting and I’m right in the middle of doing it” I ask her if she’s been online while she’s been doing it and she says no. Then again it’s only happens about 3 4 times but I’ve only had it for a 2 months. Please fix this thanks!!!
Group calls and screen sharing are brilliant features
Skype stands out from other social networking sites for me with its ease of use for group calls. For really large groups, when people who are not talking are either silent or choose to mute their microphones the sound quality is excellent. If people leave their microphones on then it does what it should and picks up their voices and any movements they make.
For business meetings screen sharing is amazing. You can have a meeting and see what the other person is doing which makes a lot less work than having to explain everything in detail step by step: a picture is worth 1000 words.
With National and international calls via the web...what’s not to like? It’s a great app.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 154.8 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2003 - 2019 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit £4.99
- Skype Credit £9.99
- United Kingdom £7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.