SkyView® Lite brings stargazing to everyone! Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, satellites, and more!
Downloaded over 9 million times.
If you like our lite version of SkyView then you'll love our full version! It includes: a convenient Apple Watch app, a Today Widget displaying tonight's brightest objects, ALL in-app purchases offered in this version, thousands more objects to discover, and more!
App Store Best of 2012
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® Lite and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® Lite is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find your favorite constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate the Moon, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sightings: set reminders for celestial events and plan an evening stargazing & spotting satellites.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the daily sky tracks for the Sun and Moon to see their exact locations in the sky on any date & time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
This update supports additional screen sizes and fixes a few bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
What a fantastic app! I just took this outside to give it a go and it's amazing, it helped me locate the ISS and for the first time in my life I could watch it pass by without having to mess about with co-ordinates, etc.
With great, smooth star tracking and an easy to use interface this app makes the perfect night time companion for kids and adults alike.
I highly recommend this app. Get it right now!!!
Fantastic Nightime Companion
Beautiful app to help learn about our surrounding universe. No more pointing vaguely into the sky saying, "Look at those stars there!", "No, those ones!", "Over there! LOOK! Oh, good grief!"
Now just simply point your phone/iPad and point out on the screen. Instantly more recognisable for your companion to see immediately, what on Earth (or in the Universe) you are talking about!
A simply must have app!
This was one if the first apps I got for my iPhone & I still love it. I’ve used it in various continents to find constellations or identify bright ‘stars’. I think that some of the latest upgrades are ‘gilding the lily’ and add features which do not really improve my experience, but if you don’t like them you can turn them off - so all’s good. Great app, and still free. Get it!
- Terminal Eleven LLC
- 82.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Terminal Eleven LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Stargazing Music Pack £0.99
- Brightest Satellites & Sightings £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.