SkyView® Lite brings stargazing to everyone! Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, satellites, and more!
Downloaded over 27 million times.
If you like our lite version of SkyView then you'll love our full version! It includes: a convenient Apple Watch app, a Today Widget displaying tonight's brightest objects, ALL in-app purchases offered in this version, thousands more objects to discover, and more!
App Store Best of 2012
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® Lite and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® Lite is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find your favorite constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate the Moon, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sightings: set reminders for celestial events and plan an evening stargazing & spotting satellites.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the daily sky tracks for the Sun and Moon to see their exact locations in the sky on any date & time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
This update addresses minor bugs present in the latest version of iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
Augmented reality - uses your iPhone camera then plots stars, planets & constellations on to the image of the sky you see live.
The only thing better than this is stargazing with someone with a laser pointer who really knows the stars - if you’re ever on Tenerife, do the stargazing trip to the Mount Teide crater, that’s what gave me a taste for this!
Just to be able to look up and know if that bright object is a local planet or a far-off star, is oddly exciting. I think if you use this daily you’ll soon begin to learn what is where in the sky!
Bizarrely, it also works indoors - “If that wall wasn’t there I could see Arcturus” ;-)
I wasn’t that interested in stargazing before but then i saw a stargazing thing on TV and i wanted to have a go at it. I found that the best way to do that was by a stargazing app and this was the first thing that came up. This is probably the best app for stargazing for what I’ve seen. I also like the Augmented Reality feature. It was really funny seeing Jupiter on my sofa. The constellation identifier also can help find stars because I was looking for Polaris and highlighting Ursa Minor really helped. Although i forgot whether you were supposed extend down to the brightest star off one end of it or go to the end of the tail.
This app is great, I found this app interesting to use and see. I love the way when you look through to see the universe it tells you the name of the star or planet and a little information about it. The scanning is great you can even look through when there is a covering on the camera. I love the way it tells you the lines and diameters of the signs. I would recommend this app to anyone who likes space or just likes to discover the space above.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Terminal Eleven LLC
- 76.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Terminal Eleven LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Brightest Satellites & Sightings £0.89
- Stargazing Music Pack £0.89
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.