Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Tick off your to-do list and make progress on your projects by bringing the right people, conversations, tools and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organise your conversations by topic, project or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people, all in Slack
• Integrate the tools and services you already use into your workflow, including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customise your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumoured) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Having trouble? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fixed: Replying to a notification works much more often than it used to. 99% of the time, in fact, which is so close to 100% we can almost smell it.
• Fixed: Swiping between channels with two fingers now will now include the “Threads”view, but only, smartly, if you’ve used that view recently.
• Fixed: Custom emoji weren’t always rendering correctly in bots and attachments sent via the Slack API. Now? Emoji = :100:.
Ratings and Reviews
Our IT manager introduced this to our office a while ago and it’s totally changed the way we communicate across 5 offices. Hardly any internal emails, sett your notifications to reduce noise, see what you need to see! You can set up group channels like social, announcements etc, private channels with only certain staff included (like management) and other temporary ones for organising things like surprise birthday parties! Brilliant. Get it. Look at the help pages to get you set up. You won’t regret it. We use a paid version now for the company but the free one is great to get you started.
I find the app constantly half a second too slow for my liking. This has the cumulative effect of making me slightly more frustrated over time as I'm using the app.
Slowness most noticeable with the delay in (or simply broken) notifications. When I see a red notification icon on the app logo, I find the fastest way to check the new update is to hard close the app and re-open, as this prompts the notifications to actually pick up the new message. It's also not a 100% success rate - sometimes I need to do this several times before the update is picked up. This has frustrated me when I've actually been reading the thread at the time, I know someone has added a comment, but it won't show up on my screen, even with a drag-refresh.
Slowness also noticeable when changing channels, navigating to threads and switching workspaces.
Had never heard of Slack before until someone at work introduced it as a single method of communication between multiple companies. Previously we were bogged down with hundreds of emails and trying to use WhatsApp, as we all work for different companies so have no common method of communicating. If you’ve ever used Discord it works very much the same way - can create rooms within your lobby, send attachments etc. Would recommend it to anyone who needs to manage any number of people across various locations
- Slack Technologies, Inc.
- 147.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Slack Technologies
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.