*Australia's leading FREE meditation app
*Used by over 3M people
*Programs for all ages
*10min/day is all you need to start seeing the benefits
START YOUR MINDFULNESS JOURNEY TODAY!
Smiling Mind is a FREE mindfulness meditation app developed by psychologists and educators to help bring balance to your life.
Just as we eat well and stay fit to keep our body healthy, mindfulness meditation is about mental health and looking after the mind.
Our programs are designed to assist people in dealing with the pressure, stress, and challenges of daily life.
We offer programs for:
- 7 - 9 yo
- 10 - 12 yo
- 13 - 15 yo
- 16 - 18 yo
- Mindfulness in the Classroom
- Mindfulness in the Workplace
Put a smile on your mind today!
As a 100% not for profit, our app exists for one reason - to support our vision to help every mind thrive. We update our app as often as we can, and here are a couple of enhancements you'll find in the latest update:
• Did you know you can sort programs and filter them by topic? We've introduced a new option to let you sort by popular programs.
• Subscribed to our mailing list? You'll be the first to know when we release new content, and this update lets you navigate straight from our emails to our new programs in-app to get you meditating quicker.
• Been meditating for a while and want to create your own playlist? Press the heart icon on your favourite meditations and add them to your favourites list.
• Prefer meditating without background music? You can now switch it off or adjust the volume by pressing the music icon on the play screen.
• We know how important it is to see your progress, and our dashboard lets you track your sessions, time and streak days since you've joined. This update has some tweaks to make this easier to read.
Love Smiling Mind? Rate us, and help us achieve our vision to help every mind thrive.
Ratings and Reviews
I have tried out other popular mindfulness apps on the market and found that these soft-spoken talking techniques work wonderfully for me. What has turned me off has always been the high price tags associated with other apps of this kind on the market. This left me felt like I was stuck between my insomnia and my bank account and unable to find a middle ground.
Enter SmilingMind and it is as if my prayers have been answered. This is a wonderful pp that delivers the same quality content as other apps on the market, only for free! The collection of meditations is (as you would expect) slightly smaller than paid alternatives, but there is still enough to be content with.
My only suggestions for improvement:
• Nuance the categories a little more, at the moment the distinction of just adult/child/group is a bit limiting and I would consider more groups like “Sleep”, “anxiety”, “relaxation”
• add a search function.
Small gripes though for an otherwise wonderful app! Thank you for all your work!
THE definitive meditation app
This app is seriously one of the best meditation apps I’ve ever used. I’ve tried Headspace, Calm and various other apps but this is the one that stuck. I’ve been using it for almost a year now.
Not only are there a plenitude of meditation programs, they’re all incredibly high-quality and genuinely help with learning meditation - going from the basics to more advanced; eventually to self-guided meditation. Whatever predicament you may find yourself in, be it insomnia, stress, relationship anxiety - there’s a program for you.
And not only this, but it’s free! Genuinely over the moon about this. Could not recommend this app enough.
Thank you to the people involved in Smiling Mind. I couldn’t thank you enough.
Well designed for all age groups
This app helped me
Through a very challenging time
In my life. I had never tried mindfulness before and did so out of desperation. It helped
Me to calm myself, stay focused and energise me. I can now use the skills taught to me when I’m out and
About and may not be able to access the app readily. I can’t recommend it enough and it’s free!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.