Snapseed is a complete and professional photo editor developed by Google.
== KEY FEATURES==
• 29 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective (see list below)
• Opens JPG and RAW files
• Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
• Tutorial cards with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
== TOOLS, FILTERS AND FACE ==
• RAW Develop – open and tweak native camera files; save non-destructively or export as JPGs
• Tune image – adjust exposure and colour automatically or manually with fine, precise control
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
• Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
• Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• White Balance – adjust the colours so that the image looks more natural
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renowned 'Control Point' technology: position up to eight points on the image and assign enhancements. The algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbour from a group picture
• Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners, just like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
• Text – add both stylised or plain text (38 predefined styles)
• Curves – have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
• Expand – increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with content relating to your image
• Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening); ideal for photographic portraits
• Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images; great for fashion or portraits
• Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively across shadows, midtones and highlights
• HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images
• Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain
• Vintage – the style of colour film photo from the 50s, 60s or 70s
• Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches and film styles
• Noir – Black and White film looks, with realistic grain and a 'wash' effect
• Black & White – classic Black and White look, straight out of the darkroom
• Frames – add frames with adjustable size
• Double Exposure – blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by digital image processing
• Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smooth skin
• Face Pose – correct the pose of portraits, based on three-dimensional models
• Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app everyday
I love Snapseed! It’s my fave editing app for my phone! I only gave it 4 stars for the following reasons: While Snapseed already has a robust set of tools, I would love to see a colour editing option. Specifically HSL sliders and the ability to split tone. To get these functions I currently have to export to lightroom mobile. A smart masking tool would be great as well with the ability to edit inside and outside the mask. Colouring in with my finger takes way too much time when I want to mask effects onto certain parts of an image. Lastly, the perspective tool isn’t very smooth, see SKRWT for the best example of correcting lens distortion. Saying all of this, I still love the app and use it everyday! The following things I’ve mentioned would cut my edit time down by half and save space on my phone. Would really love to see them in one of the next updates! P.S. expansion of the double exposure function into a full blown compositing tool would be sweet, but I understand that’s pretty tough to build in. 🙏😊✨
Half baked interface update
Its still good but, the previous version had these fluid in and out transitions when editing photos. The tools were clustered in several groups in 3 columns which made it easy to find what I needed. The new white drawer first clunks into place with a linear motion like the developer never heard of fluid motion curves. or the Material Design Guidelines. The small icons appear now in 4 columns and a large single cluster of editing options. No grouping anymore, this is much harder to use now. Those pre baked filters, upon which this update puts more focus on, are mostly useless, since you cannot adjust their strengths like you can with the proper editing tools in the middle tab... old version 5 stars, minus 1 for interface down grade.
One of the very best ....
I've used Snapseed since it was a promising desktop (OSX) app. Using it now on my iPad Pro, after deciding to not have a mobile phone - and I have to admit that Google are if nothing else (and god only knows how much 'else' they are doing!) doing us proud with this continuing evolution of the app.
There have been regular updates over the past year or so that have been proper, helpful and insightful; this is resulting in firmly staking its place as one of my top five first routes I take in further development of my images.
With each new update it gets better & better. The new double exposure is one of the best implementations of this feature I've seen.
I am very grateful for the continued support given to this app; it's as important to me as Glitché, and that is saying something.
Like I said, for me one of the best.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 87.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.