Snapseed is a complete and professional photo editor developed by Google.
== KEY FEATURES==
• 29 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective (see list below)
• Opens JPG and RAW files
• Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
• 'Insights' feature with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
== TOOLS, FILTERS AND FACE ==
• RAW Develop – open and tweak native camera files; save non-destructively or export as JPG
• Tune Image – adjust exposure and colour automatically or manually with fine, precise control
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
• Rotate – rotate by 90° or straighten a skewed horizon
• Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• White Balance – adjust the colours so that the image looks more natural
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renowned 'Control Point' technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, the algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbour from a group picture
• Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
• Text – add both stylised or plain text (38 predefined styles)
• Curves – have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
• Expand – increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with content of your image
• Lens Blur – add a beautiful bokeh (background softening) to images, ideal for photographic portraits
• Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits
• Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively in the shadows, midtones and highlights
• HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images
• Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain
• Vintage – the style of colour film photo from the 50s, 60s or 70s
• Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles
• Noir – black-and-white film looks with realistic grain and the 'wash' effect
• Black & White – classic black-and-white look straight out of the darkroom
• Frames – add frames with adjustable size
• Double Exposure – blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by digital image processing
• Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting or smoothen skin
• Face Pose – correct the pose of portraits based on three-dimensional models
• Support for iOS 12.
• Support for iPhone XR, XS and XS Max.
• Support for iPad Pro 11 and 12.9.
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app everyday
I love Snapseed! It’s my fave editing app for my phone! I only gave it 4 stars for the following reasons: While Snapseed already has a robust set of tools, I would love to see a colour editing option. Specifically HSL sliders and the ability to split tone. To get these functions I currently have to export to lightroom mobile. A smart masking tool would be great as well with the ability to edit inside and outside the mask. Colouring in with my finger takes way too much time when I want to mask effects onto certain parts of an image. Lastly, the perspective tool isn’t very smooth, see SKRWT for the best example of correcting lens distortion. Saying all of this, I still love the app and use it everyday! The following things I’ve mentioned would cut my edit time down by half and save space on my phone. Would really love to see them in one of the next updates! P.S. expansion of the double exposure function into a full blown compositing tool would be sweet, but I understand that’s pretty tough to build in. 🙏😊✨
My GOTO Editor
I have been a Snapseed user on iPad for many years and is my goto editor, even surpassing PC editors from Corel and Adobe for speed and convenience .... and results on the move. I have tried other editors on recommendation, but in comparison, Snapseed is way ahead, especially for on the move editing.
While other reviews may be (justifiably) critical of specific and more specialised controls, Snapseed does *almost* everything I could wish for to produce a quality result, in quick time, with the minimum of effort. Snapseed controls are logically grouped and you can flit between controls with a minimum of hand/finger movement.
Things I would like to see include :
A clone brush on a zoomed image, a selective sharpen/soften brush, the facility to ‘save’ and ‘edit’ a named control settings palette rather than just last edit, a more controllable brush ie 1-10 rather than +/-5 and +/-10 option.
I am writing this brief commendation for Snapseed because I’ve just done one for another (paid for) editor, but it (and others) would have to progress a long way to tear Snapseed away from my hands.
Half baked interface update
Its still good but, the previous version had these fluid in and out transitions when editing photos. The tools were clustered in several groups in 3 columns which made it easy to find what I needed. The new white drawer first clunks into place with a linear motion like the developer never heard of fluid motion curves. or the Material Design Guidelines. The small icons appear now in 4 columns and a large single cluster of editing options. No grouping anymore, this is much harder to use now. Those pre baked filters, upon which this update puts more focus on, are mostly useless, since you cannot adjust their strengths like you can with the proper editing tools in the middle tab... old version 5 stars, minus 1 for interface down grade.
- Google LLC
- 99.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.