SongWriter Lite is a simple, yet powerful solution for songwriting on the go. Recording your ideas and writing your lyrics and chords has never been so convenient.
(Now also available on Mac AppStore)
● Write your lyrics for each section of your song (ie. verse, chorus).
● Record audio for each section separately.
● Use the 'Chord Picker' to easily insert chords.
● Chords display above the lyrics when in display mode.
● Add guitar tablature.
● View Chord Diagrams - over 1000 chords included for guitar, bass, ukulele and banjo, plus you can add your own.
● Nashville Numbering System support.
● Search for rhymes or synonyms to help find inspiration. (Highlight the word you wish to find a rhyme/synonym for, only highlight the word with no space before or after the word, then touch Rhymes or Synonyms from the menu that appears.)
● Email your songs, with options to send PDF's, Songwriter Files, or MySongbook Files.
● Optional 'Passcode Lock' to protect your ideas from prying eyes.
● Backup/Restore powered by Dropbox.
If you have any suggestions of how Songwriter can be made even better, we would love to hear your ideas. Please visit www.simonsapps.com to get in touch.
Upgraded for iOS 11
Added search feature.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Changes chords when out of edit
I find this app really great as it’s everything I need when playing , the only thing which I found a slight let down was in editing if you put in Abm when you come out it changes the chord to something else ? Doesn’t do it with all chords just occasional ones . If you could update then this would be perfect!
I’m only an amateur, but crikey this has changed my writing for good. Can’t believe how quick and easy it now is to write and outline a song. I’m not interested in the bells and whistles from a lot of song-creation apps. I’m interested in the writing, structure and some first ideas around melodies and chords, so this is, well, my idea of heaven.
One tiny blip is at the start of recording a section (genius idea) the screen jumps. I’m sure you’re on it. Also, am I missing something but I’d like to be able to move sections, not just copy but actually move. Or else insert a section in the middle not just the end. Minor points, probably user error, I’ll keep playing.
Lastly, thank you, thank you. Can’t begin to articulate how happy this is making me. Hugs all round for the developers. Thanks guys.
Okay so I love writing songs and then I came up with this brilliant idea for a song then I pressed plus and it said that I had to upgrade it for £5 and that I don’t wanna pay that much so I would love it if you made it cheaper. Anyway I loved this app when I could use it because I’ve written five songs on there and it just helped me think of rhyming words and it helped me write the actual song is because the app just it had all the right stuff and features
Just one more problem when I was writing a song it kicked me out of the app and I had to restart writing the whole song I loved my song and I had to change all the lyrics because I couldn’t remember it but if you could update that thanks.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.