One of the best selling SEGA games of all time - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is now available for free on mobile! Rediscover SEGA’s super Sonic masterpiece!
Dr. Eggman is back to his old tricks, trying to find the seven Chaos Emeralds that will enable him to complete his ultimate weapon, the Death Egg. Only the triple threat of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles can defeat him in this remaster from the team behind Sonic Mania!
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Twelve Badnik-infested zones to master, from underwater caverns to neon-lit casinos!
- Compete online, take on the Time Attack mode, and the all-new Boss Attack mode!
- Play the secret Hidden Palace Zone stage that didn't make it into the original release!
- Fight Dr. Eggman's creations, including the terrifying Mecha Sonic
- Obtain all the Chaos Emeralds to transform into Super Sonic and Super Knuckles!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
"Without doubt, it's SEGA's best game ever." [96%] - Stuart Clarke, Mega Zone #25 (December 1992)
"Faster, slicker, more colourful, louder, bigger, and much, much tougher than the original." [96%] - Julian "Jaz" Rignall, Mean Machines SEGA #2 (November 1992)
"Packs a ton more punch than Bluey's first outing." [94%] - Paul Anglin, Computer & Video Games #132 (November 1992)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 TRIVIA
- This is the most complete version of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 to date, complete with widescreen, 60FPS action, and a remastered soundtrack!
- This was the first Sonic game to feature the Spin Dash move
- The Master System version was the first game Tails appeared in, although he wasn’t playable!
- Unlike the Mega Drive/Genesis original, you can now fly as Tails!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 HISTORY
- The game was originally released worldwide in November 1992
- Original developer: Sonic Team & SEGA Technical Institute
- Designer: Hirokazu Yasuhara
- Lead Composer: Masato Nakamura
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2, SEGA Forever and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sonic 3 & K???
Taxman, you can port sonic CD, 1, 2 and 4 but not the third? Yes I've heard you have that copyrighted sonic 3 tracks because Micheal Jackson bad all that but just use the tracks you used / replaced in the PC version of sonic 3, it can't be that hard. Also I don't think mania needs a big port to IOS in my opinion, S3&K will do is and that's the whole retro saga complete and since you and the crew are kind of over with mania, why not spend the time to port S3&K to IOS; it maybe doesn't need to be done now since of Sonic Forces but after that, just make your fans happy again and port the third and final to , do it for us.
Nope a low 0.5
This is a warning ⚠️ please do not read the following comments if you are willing to pay to not get ads and can deal with the game freezing every time you beat a level!
So you can probably tell I’m super super annoyed with this app. I’ve played the actual version on the Mega Drive- Sega Genesis mini console and really enjoyed it. In actual gameplay on this app it isn’t too bad but if you are good at the game don’t download (yeah I know seems backwards doesn’t it) because every time you beat a level/stage it bombs you with ads, kicks you back into the main menu and freezes. So who needs the no save option? There is a horribly hard button layout that makes no sense. The Sega mega drive (or genesis depending on where you are) doesn’t have a circle pad does it? The answer is no it doesn’t. So why WHY in all the universe would you make the left side a joystick? It doesn’t make any sense so good luck spending money on a Bluetooth controller for your Apple device and more money on the ads. Mhm sounds pretty bad doesn’t it. If you’re still planning on downloading it then well you are pretty stubborn and are willing to give this piece of rubbish a go.
Super sonic breaks the game 😂
If you get super sonic you can fly through the game without a care in the world besides falling into holes in hill top zone, super sonic is so broken that if you ported sonic 3 and knuckles hyper sonic would destroy the game, but back on topic super sonic is a god, well done if you have all the chaos emeralds and myself included it’s so fun going through the stages as super sonic except for metropolis zone where you can get squashed way to easily with super sonic and hill top zone is also annoying, but super sonic makes all the hard bosses *eyeballs chemical plant zone act 2’s boss and metropolis zone act 3’s boss* super easy (pun intended) but its annoying in metropolis zone because if you go to fast you can squash yourself but besides that really funny and broken😂😂😂 (also you can get super sonic before chemical plant zone)
Btw we all want sonic 3 and knuckles SEGA, make it happen by 2019
- Sega America
- 184.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Game Controller
- Age Rating
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade £1.99
Play this game with your favourite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.