One of the best selling SEGA games of all time - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is now available for free on mobile! Rediscover SEGA’s super Sonic masterpiece!
Dr. Eggman is back to his old tricks, trying to find the seven Chaos Emeralds that will enable him to complete his ultimate weapon, the Death Egg. Only the triple threat of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles can defeat him in this remaster from the team behind Sonic Mania!
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Twelve Badnik-infested zones to master, from underwater caverns to neon-lit casinos!
- Compete online, take on the Time Attack mode, and the all-new Boss Attack mode!
- Play the secret Hidden Palace Zone stage that didn't make it into the original release!
- Fight Dr. Eggman's creations, including the terrifying Mecha Sonic
- Obtain all the Chaos Emeralds to transform into Super Sonic and Super Knuckles!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
"Without doubt, it's SEGA's best game ever." [96%] - Stuart Clarke, Mega Zone #25 (December 1992)
"Faster, slicker, more colourful, louder, bigger, and much, much tougher than the original." [96%] - Julian "Jaz" Rignall, Mean Machines SEGA #2 (November 1992)
"Packs a ton more punch than Bluey's first outing." [94%] - Paul Anglin, Computer & Video Games #132 (November 1992)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 TRIVIA
- This is the most complete version of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 to date, complete with widescreen, 60FPS action, and a remastered soundtrack!
- This was the first Sonic game to feature the Spin Dash move
- The Master System version was the first game Tails appeared in, although he wasn’t playable!
- Unlike the Mega Drive/Genesis original, you can now fly as Tails!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 HISTORY
- The game was originally released worldwide in November 1992
- Original developer: Sonic Team & SEGA Technical Institute
- Designer: Hirokazu Yasuhara
- Lead Composer: Masato Nakamura
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2, SEGA Forever and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
Super sonic breaks the game 😂
If you get super sonic you can fly through the game without a care in the world besides falling into holes in hill top zone, super sonic is so broken that if you ported sonic 3 and knuckles hyper sonic would destroy the game, but back on topic super sonic is a god, well done if you have all the chaos emeralds and myself included it’s so fun going through the stages as super sonic except for metropolis zone where you can get squashed way to easily with super sonic and hill top zone is also annoying, but super sonic makes all the hard bosses *eyeballs chemical plant zone act 2’s boss and metropolis zone act 3’s boss* super easy (pun intended) but its annoying in metropolis zone because if you go to fast you can squash yourself but besides that really funny and broken😂😂😂 (also you can get super sonic before chemical plant zone)
Btw we all want sonic 3 and knuckles SEGA, make it happen by 2019
Please add Game Gear version
I really hope that some Sega Game Gear Games become available as part of the Sega Forever Collection soon, especially Sonic Chaos and Sonic Triple Trouble.
It would be fantastic to play those games on the go again.
What would be a good way to bring some of the Game Gear games to the Sega Forever Collection, is if they were included with their Sega Mega Drive versions as in app purchases.
E.g. This game could include the Game Gear Version of Sonic 2.
Sonic 1 could include the Game Gear version of Sonic 1.
Streets of Rage could include the Game Gear version of Streets of Rage.
Streets of Rage 2 could include the Game Gear version of Streets of Rage 2.
Dynamite Headdy could include the Game Gear version of Dynamite Headdy.
It makes perfect sense, think about it.
Then the games that are Game Gear exclusives such as Sonic Chaos and Sonic Triple Trouble could be released as their own individual apps.
This also makes perfect sense, think about it.
What would be fantastic is if Sonic Chaos and Sonic Triple Trouble were both Remastered with Knuckles as a playable character, that would be a dream come true.
Knuckles could use the same design he has in Sonic Triple Trouble for both games.
Keep up the fantastic work!!!!!
Awesome game! Play it all the time
Sonic 2 on mobile is one of the best Sonic games I've played. The graphics, the hidden palace zone and other stuff such as Knuckles make it a big 5 star alert.
I also love how Tails can actually FLY in this version of the game when being played on his own. In the Xbox version, he is just the same as Sonic therefore in that version Tails doesn't really have a speciality. I know I'm rating this on an iPad but maybe you could make it so Tails could fly on the Xbox too Sega? Thanks so much. All in All, brilliant game!
- Sega America
- 165.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade £1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.