S1 + S2 compatible! Control all devices in just ONE App.
SonoPad is the first full fledged third party alternative Sonos remote control available for your iPad.
It is tested with iOS9 up to the lastest iOS versions, also works with current and older Sonos firmware.
Watch on YouTube: http://youtu.be/QkGSuzPP9dk
Also don't miss my new App "SonoPhone" for iPhone!
Read below about
- a new intuitive and elegant User Interface
- integrated browser for fast information retrieval
- less taps for common tasks
- and current limitions (don't skip them ;) )
or come over to my homepage www.sonopad.com with much more information and screenshots available.
This application is not endorsed by or associated with Sonos, Inc. (which is why it is not free)
◆◆◆ a new intuitiv and elegant user interface ◆◆◆
- SonoPad focusses on the main tasks in its user interface, making it less cluttered and easier to find your way around
- don't hide your covers in a small area, SonoPad give big room to show show your gorgeous covers all the time
- drag and drop zone management
- a classic dark theme
- volume + progress popups: when changing volume or progress of a song, you get popups telling you the actual values. Stop guessing your desired values today!
- screensaver mode
◆◆◆ integrated browser for fast information retrieval ◆◆◆
- SonoPad knows what you are playing, the web knows even more
- pregenerated links and searches based on your playlist: you are just a tap away from Wikipedia, Lyrics search, Tourdates Search, Last.FM, YouTube, AllMusic, MusicBrainz and many more.
◆◆◆ less taps for common tasks ◆◆◆
SonoPad tries to optimize most often used tasks to have the least taps needed. In the end you are able to navigate and control your players much more fluently.
- Touch To Play: are you sick of always beeing asked what to do when you tap a track or album? SonoPads default is to just start to play. A long press still gives you access to all options - you can also change the tap default on the settings screen. Want to build a playlist fast? Just set the default to 'always add to end' and off you go ...
- tap an album cover image and the whole album starts to play immediately
- aggregated search: search results are collapsed into one view, so you see immediately in what category you have the best results, without switching back and forth
- shortcuts to most used functions: on the bottom bar you have shortcut buttons for artist, albums, radio and musicservices. The Radios menu is rearranged so you are only two taps away from your radio favorites from any place.
- you can control the volume of every player directly from the players popup. No need to switch players anymore.
◆◆◆ Limitations ◆◆◆
- all music services except YouTube Music are supported
- No portrait mode on the main screen yet.
- No playing of music stored on iPad yet
- No options to set alarms or sleep settings
- No support for discontinued WD100 dock
◆◆◆ Other stuff ◆◆◆
- you can start SonoPad with the 'sonopad://' URL from other remote Apps. Its also possible to hand over a return URL and a default player to be selected. Read more about it on my blog!
- SonoPad shows artist names when browsing compilations
- Sonos is registered trademark of Sonos, Inc.
- adds icons for Sonos ARC + Sonos Five
- fixes coverart for tunein stations
As always: If anything is not working as you expect don't hesitate to contact email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Thank you so very much for creating such a fantastic app for us poor souls who look after our gear and don’t go out buying new stuff all the time. First Sonos removed some functionality from the official controlling app and then stopped any ability to play music from any iPad or iPhone with less iOS below 10. They don’t care about the users who helped them in the past. They continue adding so called improvements which move away from their core purpose. But this app is very refreshing as it is so I intuitative and works beautifully. A great improvement and worth every penny. Works and is visually good. Thank you
Had an old IPad 2 on the fridge that I didn't use and replaced with a whiteboard and decided to make it the dedicated Sonos controller in the lounge. That was until I was reminded that Sonos don't actually like or respect the early adopters who put them where they are today. Was on the verge of tossing the IPad and cursing Sonos when I discovered this. £3.99 later and it only goes and links into the system with ease and proves to be more functional than the Sonos S1 update on my IPhone. Bloody Marvelous!!
I suppose for older iPad users with no support in the official Sonos app, this is a godsend. For me it is OK, but certainly does not take the Sonos experience back to the early days of the iOS app. The constant updates and more recently adverts in the Sonos app are annoying and SonoPad is much more reliably available every time I run it, but I don’t find any improvement in functionality or ease of use, and often SonoPad won’t connect to my Sonos system when the official app will do. I also find SonoPad sluggish and unresponsive when controlling volume, and the shuffle function usually will not respond at all. I still use SonoPad but have found myself reverting back to the Sonos app more and more and tolerating the updates.
- Stefan Hansel Solutions UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 31.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Danish, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Stefan Hansel Solutions UG (HB)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.