Customize Sony headphones with a linkage function for this app to your liking.
Everyday music becomes even more enjoyable with easy controls.
You can quickly connect to a smartphone by following a guide. You can easily start to use it even if it’s your first time.
• “Dashboard” for viewing and changing settings quickly
• Easy “Connection guide” for first time users
• "Ambient Sound Control" for changing noise cancellation and ambient sound mode settings easily.*1
• Customize the surround effect and equalizer function.*1
• "Adaptive Sound Control" for changing ambient sound mode setting automatically by activity recognition.*1
• Direct access to the Help menu for your headphones and app
• Additional features, updates and important news will be notified via notifications
(In order to receive notifications, notification settings in your smartphone must be set to ‘on’)
• Personalization function*1 to enjoy 360 Reality Audio*2 with spacial sound field for you
*1 Limited to compatible devices.
*2 360 Reality Audio may not be available in all countries and regions.
Compatible Sony products:
Please visit the website below.
* Some features may not be supported by certain devices. Please visit the website below for details.
* Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
* Please make sure to update Sony | Headphones Connect to the latest version.
* Bluetooth® and its logos are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and their use by Sony Corporation is under license.
* Other system names, product names, and service names that appear in this app are either registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective development manufacturers. (TM) and ® are not indicated in the text.
Improving on the quality of operation.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Could provide functionality when only connected over Bluetooth LE
Headphones have a Bluetooth LE connection, why can’t this be used in conjunction with the app for configuring the headphones when another source is connected via Bluetooth or cable?
Also, the application would be considerably more useful if it provided 3D Touch quick actions from the icon on the home screen. For example the ability to switch between ambient noise, wind noise reduction and noise cancelling modes from the home screen without actually opening the app.
Does everything as expected
I bought myself a set of WI-SP600N earphones and using this app to set everything up was intuitive. All the settings are easy to locate and work mostly well.
The main issue I have right now is that I am actually contemplating sending my earphones back not because of the quality or anything. They’re almost everything I want except for how the light on my earphones keep flashing blue once every 5 seconds to indicate that they are connected to my phone. This very annoying and especially when I’m in bed at night in the dark. The flashing illuminates my whole room and it bothers me both when I close my eyes or when I’m trying to watch a TV show/movie. I wish there were a way for me to switch this unnecessary ongoing flashing in the app or something. For now I am going to consider replacing these with something else which I don’t really want to do as I have only ever owned Sony audio products, but it might be the only way for me to avoid this irritating flashing.
It's very good, but listen to feedback.
This app allows you to configure wireless and noise cancelling headphones in the Sony product portfolio. It is versatile and provides excellent headphone personalisation. I am not aware of anything similar from the headphone competition.
Equaliser: This is the feature I like most. My WH-1000XM2 headphones arrived with a ”default” sound signature. For my ears, they had too much bass and the mid-range vocals were lacking. Using the app equaliser, I managed to optimize these ”deficiencies” and now have the best sounding cans I’ve ever owned. Incredibly clean & detailed mids & treble, plus just enough low end thump (10Hz) to warm up the overall sound without veiling the aforementioned detail.
Why not 5 Stars? There is an annoying uncontrollable ”increasing volume” bug when listening without noise cancelling. I’ve submitted 3 reports to Sony via Apple with lots of information and nothing has improved. Come on Sony!
- Sony Home Entertainment & Sound Products Inc.
- 127.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017, 2018, 2019 Sony Home Entertainment＆Sound Products Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.