Customize Sony headphones with a linkage function for this app to your liking.
Everyday music becomes even more enjoyable with easy controls.
You can quickly connect to a smartphone by following a guide. You can easily start to use it even if it’s your first time.
• “Dashboard” for viewing and changing settings quickly
• Easy “Connection guide” for first time users
• "Ambient Sound Control" for changing noise cancellation and ambient sound mode settings easily.*1
• Customize the surround effect and equalizer function.*1
• "Adaptive Sound Control" that uses location information to detect your actions and locations you frequent, and automatically switches headphone settings such as how to take in the ambient sound.*1
• Direct access to the Help menu for your headphones and app
• Additional features, updates and important news will be notified via notifications
(In order to receive notifications, notification settings in your smartphone must be set to ‘on’)
• Personalization function*1 to enjoy 360 Reality Audio*2 with spacial sound field for you
*1 Limited to compatible devices.
*2 360 Reality Audio may not be available in all countries and regions.
Compatible Sony products:
Please visit the website below.
* Some features may not be supported by certain devices. Please visit the website below for details.
* Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
* Please make sure to update Sony | Headphones Connect to the latest version.
* Bluetooth® and its logos are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and their use by Sony Corporation is under license.
* Other system names, product names, and service names that appear in this app are either registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective development manufacturers. (TM) and ® are not indicated in the text.
Improved stability and performance
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It's very good, but listen to feedback.
This app allows you to configure wireless and noise cancelling headphones in the Sony product portfolio. It is versatile and provides excellent headphone personalisation. I am not aware of anything similar from the headphone competition.
Equaliser: This is the feature I like most. My WH-1000XM2 headphones arrived with a ”default” sound signature. For my ears, they had too much bass and the mid-range vocals were lacking. Using the app equaliser, I managed to optimize these ”deficiencies” and now have the best sounding cans I’ve ever owned. Incredibly clean & detailed mids & treble, plus just enough low end thump (10Hz) to warm up the overall sound without veiling the aforementioned detail.
Why not 5 Stars? There is an annoying uncontrollable ”increasing volume” bug when listening without noise cancelling. I’ve submitted 3 reports to Sony via Apple with lots of information and nothing has improved. Come on Sony!
This is what headphones are supposed to be
Firstly, these headphones are a bit larger than the Sennheiser ones.
However, the sound quality is excellent. Whilst I love bass orientated music, you can alter the sound to suit your tastes.
Where these headphones truly blast away the competition is with the app.
Excellently thought out with features that are actually useful.
Because of this, these are my daily headphones. I have the Sennheiser earbuds which whilst smaller and with excellent sound are severely hampered by the abysmally poor supporting app which renders the earbuds frustratingly fiddly to use, so I use the Sony’s instead.
Difficult to change device without internet
Had my Bose QC35 stolen so went for a change and replaced with these. I think noise cancelling on aircraft is slightly better, sound quality similar and very good and controls good once you get used to them. Issue is with this app; connectivity can be a pain. Sometimes I want to change from iPad (movies)to music on my iPhone. When I go to the app to change to the different device it asks me to agree to terms others complain about. Great but it needs an internet connection to do that, difficult 10,000 meters over the Atlantic. It’s asked me several times to agree, maybe it will realise I’ve done that eventually. This is a real pain and needs to be sorted, either stop taking the data that requires you to put a release in front of us every time we connect or work out another get around. Overall connectivity to a device is also much harder than for Bose.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sony Home Entertainment & Sound Products Inc.
- 177.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 Sony Home Entertainment＆Sound Products Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.