Soulver is a beautiful notepad calculator app that you will love. It has a new interface that is far more useful than a traditional style calculator, which lets you do calculations over multiple lines, and use words alongside numbers, so that they make sense. Use it for quick calculations, calculations involving variables & percentages, unit conversions, and for thinking through problems that involve math.
WHY SOULVER IS BETTER THAN A TRADITIONAL CALCULATOR:
– Instant answers as you type.
– Spread your calculations over multiple lines, and edit mistakes if you make them.
– Reference previous answers by tapping on them. These are live references, like in a spreadsheet.
– Easy percentage calculations using natural phrases like "15% off $350”, or "$250 + 12% tax", or "40 as a % of 390".
– Supports over 150 currencies (including Bitcoin), and has a specially designed currency keyboard for quick conversions.
– Custom variables across all your documents, and a special keyboard for quick access to them.
– All standard math and programming functions, also available on specially designed keyboards.
– Save your calculations into documents.
Soulver is also available for macOS.
Bug fixes for a couple of rare crashes.
Ratings and Reviews
Truly useful calculator app
I've been searching for a replacement to the Popcalc expression calculator, which made every other calculator app seem klunky, but which - like so many great apps - was rendered obsolete by an IOS upgrade. Soulver fits the bill nicely, and has great features of its own. To improve this app even further I'd urge the developer of this one to get his hands on a copy of Popcalc (it needs a pre-IOS 11 device), to see what's possible with a calculator UI. Great effort.
I struggle to remember numbers and to work out arithmetic. I have dyscalculia- like dyslexia but for numbers. It makes day to day calculations tricky!
This app is perfect for my brain. I can type things out how I understand it and it'll do the calculations for me.
I just used it to work out whether a shelving unit would fit around a freezer. I had the shelving unit dimensions in cm and the freezer dimensions in inches, but it wasn't a problem. I could just say 'freezerWidth=21.5 inches in cm' then calculate from there.
Thank you so much.
On the iPad (I’m on 11” Pro for reference), even when you have the Smart Keyboard attached the on-screen keyboard always shows. If you hide it, you can’t type using the Smart Keyboard Case. Very annoying as the onscreen keyboard takes up half the screen! Mac version is one of my favourite apps. Please fix it so we don’t need the onscreen keyboard showing to type using apples Smart Keyboard case like every other app!
Developer Response ,
If you switch to the ABC keyboard then the keyboard should hide (with the smart keyboard attached).
- Acqualia Software
- 9.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019, Acqualia Software
- In-App Purchases
- Send a Bento Box £9.99
- Send Small Fries £1.99
- Send a Bagel & Coffee £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.