Soundbeam helps you see what everyday sounds look like and visualizes sounds you can't even hear!
Plug in your electric guitar, a mic or any other (hi-Z) device to your mini-jack input and get accurate measurements. You can always use the built-in mic.
We paired stylish controls and an old-school interface with high precision signal processing algorithms, creating a new way to experience sound.
Soundbeam is an real-time audio analyzer (RTA) that processes the input of your microphone displaying it like a classic oscilloscope. It also features a spectral visualization of the audio using high resolution fourier transform (FFT) for accurate measurements.
Get a dose of nostalgia with Soundbeam now!
* Spectrum and waveform views
* Recording functionality
* Gesture support for frequency range and intensity levels adjustment
* Visualization controls
* ...and one more thing! Plug in your headset or guitar and watch what happens!
* While in "spectrum mode", pinch the monitor vertically or horizontally to change frequency range and intensity levels respectively. You can also pan the soundwave with one finger.
* In "waveform mode" pinch the screen vertically to adjust intensity levels.
* Double tap on the screen to reset view.
* Tap & slide the intensity knob horizontally to adjust it.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
* Fixes crash when trying to save and image or a video of a recording.
* Gestures in the Help view now work properly.
Ratings and Reviews
I've just downloaded and testing in my kitchen, pics up the fridge, boiler in the corner all very low 80Hz range even the built in mic is very good, amazingly realistic look , whoever wrote this app is very cool, all those other expensive oscilloscope app developers are going to fall over backwards! I personally feel like I owe you money! You mean to tell me the headphone socket can be used as a mic input?.. On the ipad2? Will test asap, there is an Alesis IO Dock but driver support isn't very good. Thank you!
On the built in mic or combined with the iRig plugged straight into the source, this app is superb! The elegant interface effortlessly showcases all the beauty of wave forms and the joy of modifying them on a synth. While competing oscilloscope apps are charging up to fifty quid, this has been my best app store purchase yet and it was free! Thank you!
for 69p it is a no brainer
I have got so much use out of this in the 2 days since I bought it, and for 69p nowadays that isn't bad at all. Very limited, obviously, but as a cheap waveform visualizer it really is very useful.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Horizon Video Technologies Inc.
- 8.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Petros Douvantzis
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.