Spell Aid is the most Dyslexia friendly Dictionary, with Thesaurus, available.
It gives users the independence and confidence in discovering unknown words and their definitions.
Choose one of FOUR search methods. Search for words by conventional means (including by speech) or by using our bespoke methods, which are ideal for people with spelling difficulties as well as those for whom English is a second language.
• More than 100,000 English and compound words, with clear and precise definitions (online & offline)
• Includes vast amounts of Latin and Scientific words
• Integrated Thesaurus, displaying Synonyms where available
• Example sentences
• Audible confirmation of selected words
• Spells out the word with adjustable speed, male or female voice
• Accompanying images, for a huge selection of words
• Copy words to clipboard for use in other applications
• Share words and their definitions with others.
• Split Screen on iPad allows Spell Aid to work side by side your other applications, such as Microsoft Word and Mail
Customise Spell Aid to your preferred settings, make it your own and enhance your reading experience.
• Unlimited font and background colours.
• More than 20 fonts to choose from, including Dyslexia friendly fonts.
• Variable font size
• Favourites, allows you to easily add words to a list of favourites and review previously selected words.
• Add to History, gives you the option of keeping a record of previously selected words
Why is Spell Aid so useful?
It has often been said “What use is a dictionary if I cannot spell?”.
Spell Aid is the first Dictionary app that really caters to the needs of a diverse set of users.
In addition to a conventional search facility (including by speech), Spell Aid also offers two bespoke methods of finding words, allowing users to look up words based upon the letters they believe to be in the word, with an option for regardless of the order of the letters. This enables users to search for words more easily and with confidence.
Users who experience colour blindness can take advantage of the customisation features, selecting from a vast array of font styles, adjustment of font size, unlimited background and font colours. All this makes for a greater reading experience.
We would love to hear from you, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, feedback or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
View our Terms & Conditions at https://www.spellaid.co.uk/terms-conditions/
iOS updates, Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- ASPA MEDIA LTD
- 260.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 ASPA MEDIA LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Premium version £2.49
- Add Pronunciations £1.99
- Add Images £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.