Reading Eggs Spelling Grade 1 is a fun and motivational app that teaches kids how to spell.
Your child can choose from 10 interactive spelling games – each reinforcing a different literacy skill, including proofreading, word endings and plurals, compound words, syllables and much more.
Based on the key teaching principle that the most effective learning takes place whilst having fun, Reading Eggs Spelling transports your child to a fascinating new setting with each game – captivating their attention with a vibrant, interactive sensory environment to keep them motivated and engaged whilst learning.
Reading Eggs Spelling will boost your child’s confidence with spelling, help expand their vocabulary, and develop their key literacy skills as they progress through an extensive collection of challenging words, activities, and contexts.
From the makers of popular educational website Reading Eggs, Reading Eggs Spelling was written by renowned Australian primary educator Del Merrick, informed by her extensive experience developing and implementing improved literacy practices in primary schools throughout Australia and overseas.
• Suitable for ages 6 to 7, but can also be used by older students who need extra support with spelling.
• Choose from 10 spelling games, each reinforcing a different literacy skill.
• Choose from 5 different areas of Grade 1 content in each game.
• Fully interactive games keep your child engaged by arranging words through ‘touch and drag’ motions, typing in missing letters, and receiving voice feedback with correct pronunciation of words and sentences.
• Each game transports your child to a vibrant new setting, including a pirate ship, the carnival, and even to outer space – providing the sensory environment necessary to keep them motivated and engaged whilst learning.
• Develops key literacy skills including encoding, proofreading, compound words, word endings and plurals, homophones (homonyms), meanings, syllables, phonics, vocabulary, speed and some spelling rules.
Update to work with 64-bit.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Lots of content, fun, well thought out
Doesn't disappoint - I have just tried out several of the activities myself prior to turning it over to the kids, and I found it fun! It covers some grammar too, eg choosing the right word, not just spelling. Seems like a lot of content compared to other apps, and of the quality I would expect from Reading Eggs - looks like it has been designed by experts to help kids with the sort of mistakes they actually make.
Great app. I've been a huge fan of reading eggs since I started my daughter on the program when she was 3. This app doesn't disappoint! Worth every penny. Well done reading eggs team. (better for older readers)
My daughter is so disappointed because we paid for this app and it does not work. Says loading constantly. Even more frustrated because I have emailed support and had no reply. Either fix the app or refund my money please!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.