Blast fiends by spelling words and make your way to the top of the Spellspire!
Spellspire is a thrilling mashup of word game and action role playing game. Pick letters from a grid to spell words and shoot them from your wand as spells. The longer the word, the bigger the blast! Collect gold dropped by slain monsters and buy more potent wands, hats and robes with magical special effects and abilities. Will you reach the top of the Spellspire, and what will you find?
- Exciting mashup of word game and action role playing game
- Pick letters to spell words
- Collect gold and buy better items between levels
- Use consumable magical items to push through tough encounters
- Team up against the monsters with your Facebook friends!
- iCloud support for save games
- Supports iPhone 6 / Plus new resolutions!
- Forces required quest letters to rack for dungeon runs.
- Chrome dragon now properly appears for old players already deep in the dungeon.
- You can now reset progress in Options menu. Use it carefully!
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Although the game is subject to in-app purchases, I’m currently more than half way through the tower without spending anything other than to get rid of ads.
This is a challenging but really good game, with a great pick up and play feel.
Missing hundreds of words
From playing this game I usually find that 100% of 3-4 letter words are present from the dictionary but after playing through and having to use longer words; I found that there are so many words missing, after double confirming and making sure I wasn’t mistaken I actually grabbed a dictionary to make sure I was not misspelling and I found 100’s of words were missing and it makes it hard to progress. The most frustrating thing is running out of lives when you clearly spelt a word correctly and it’s just not within the game.
Nice concept, ruined by a pay wall
Great concept for a game. I love the cartoon design, and having to find words from a jumble under pressure. Winning is very satisfying!
However, the candy crush style “you’ve lost your lives wait half an hour to play again... or pay real money” is a kick in the teeth. The ads every other floor or so break up play/flow. Literally everything in this game has either an aspect of waiting to play or a paywall. Decided to uninstall, not worth waiting the 30 minutes for lives to regenerate to play a level to watch ads.
- 10tons Ltd.
- 37.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2017 10tons Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Revive £0.99
- Refill lives £0.99
- Pouch of Gold £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.