- Originally written about in The New York Times, featured in Apple Stores, heard about on NPR, and played by millions, SpellTower is back and better than ever! -
- - - - WORDS + STRATEGY = AWESOME
Pick your words wisely! As you work, more tiles rise from the bottom of the screen, and it'll take all of your lexicological wits, and tactical know-how to keep them down. If any of the letters make it to the top row, it's game over.
SIX AMAZING MODES
- TOWER MODE : No pressure here. Try and get the highest score possible out of 140 tiles, eliminating small words to set up 7- and 8-letter blockbusters!
- DAILY TOWER MODE : Stack up against other players on identical towers that change daily!
- PUZZLE MODE : Every word you make adds a new row of letters! Strategic word finding at its best.
- EXTREME PUZZLE MODE : Puzzle mode with the minimum word length cranked up. Experts only!
- ZEN MODE : Puzzle mode without any length requirements.
- RUSH MODE : Rows of letters build up over time. Find words as fast as you can, but be careful you don't back yourself into a corner!
- [Bonus!] SUPER TOWER MODE : (iPad Pro only) Try and get the highest score possible out of 432 tiles, eliminating small words to set up 7- and 8-letter blockbusters!
GAME CENTER leader boards and achievements, for each mode, and highest scoring word!
- - - - WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Best Word Game! - 148Apps' 2011 Best App Ever Awards
- Touch Arcade's Favorite Puzzle game of 2011 -
Ranked #2 in Mashable's Top 10 iPhone Word Games
"Simple, stylish and furiously addictive. Far and away the best ‘pure’ word game on iOS." 5/5 stars - Tap! Magazine
"I'm obsessed, I'm ignoring my family!" - John Moe, NPR Marketplace
"guaranteed to entertain" - IGN
"by far one of the best [word puzzle games] in recent years" - 4.5/5 Stars - Editors Choice - 148Apps
"SpellTower is an extraordinary word game that deserves a place among the best of the genre." - 4/4 - SlideToPlay
"The Boggle Tetris That We Needed” - Kotaku's Gaming App of The Day
"A must-buy for word fiends, SpellTower is an uncommonly attractive and thoughtfully designed puzzler" - 9/10 - Gold Award - Pocket Gamer
"Nervy, humbling, and strangely energizing. If you can handle the stress, SpellTower is magnificent" - EDGE Magazine
"A superb word game... for anyone in your household who loves a good word teaser, even the most technologically-challenged. Grab it and start spelling!" - JayIsGames
"It's Boggle on crack... only costs 2$, and your life." - Weekend Confirmed
"The best word game you haven't played", "A brain-picking puzzler" - Pitchfork / KillScreen Magazine
"I’m already convinced SpellTower is a significantly better game [than PopCap’s Bookworm]." - playontap.com
- fixed various bugs related to daily tower
Ratings and Reviews
Add an undo option... too often I am trying to link letters to go for a longer word but one millisecond slip up means a shorter word gets accepted.
Spoilt by neglect
I used to rate this as the best word game in the App Store. It was a pleasure to play with it’s simple yet beautiful graphics and it was very clever in design.
Sadly, things have changed. When the daily challenge started I played daily but there are so many bugs it now appears amateurish. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve had to clear the cache because it freezes- often losing the progress I have made. I’ve taken to doing a screenshot of the word list so I know where I’ve got to!
Recently, I achieved a particularly high score, only to find that it hadn’t uploaded. I decided to email the developer, pointing out the problem. I didn’t even receive an acknowledgement, let alone a reply. Since there are other reviews pointing out the bugs, I've concluded that the developer has lost interest. I know the app isn’t expensive and he probably doesn’t make much out of it but you’d think professional pride would make him try to sort it out. Very disappointing.
Very irritating that it keeps freezing. No matter how many times it is closed and reopened. Then it suddenly decides to work again.
Why, when the sound is clearly "off" does it still make horrible noises? I have to put the phone on silent. Ridiculous
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.