2009 iPhone Game of the Year
"Outstanding and revolutionary" -TouchArcade
Spin Webs, Trap Bugs, Unlock the Secrets of Bryce Manor
Praise for SPIDER: THE SECRET OF BRYCE MANOR:
Apple Rewind 2009 Best Rated App
Best Mobile Game 2009 - Indie Game Festival
Best iPhone Game 2009 - Indie Game Festival
Game of the Year- TouchArcade
Game of the Year - AppGamer.net
Best of the Year - USA Today
Platform Game of the Year - IGN
Platformer of the Year - Slide To Play
"One of our top 3 iPhone games of all time." - boing boing
“There’s really nothing as uniquely rewarding as tackling a hornet out of the air, or spinning an eight-point web.” - Slide To Play
"The twin games -- puzzle-action and mystery -- work exceptionally well together." - IGN
“Gorgeous storybook-illustrated style that's remarkably unique for any game" - Offworld
“One of the most wonderfully natural and intuitive control schemes" - AppGamer
"Spider's soundtrack deserves to be on iTunes -- it is astounding .. The music is perfectly married to the mystery of the manor." - IGN
Watch the Official Trailer:
You are a spider. One afternoon, you discover an abandoned mansion. Where is the family who lived here? What happened, and why did they leave? Search for clues as you adventure from room to room on the hunt for your next meal. Build webs of your own design: in the corners, under the furniture, and in the forgotten places too small for humans. Are you a shrewd enough sleuth to decode the mystery and uncover the Bryce family secret?
* DRAW WEBS WITH YOUR FINGER
- Touch to walk, swipe to jump, and build webs by drawing shapes in the environment.
- Powerful, intuitive controls; easy to pick up, challenging to master.
* SEE THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A SPIDER
- 38 beautifully hand-illustrated levels to explore, optimized for the retina display.
- Hunt your insect prey, leaving Bryce Manor covered in cobwebs!
- Search for family secrets in the shadowy basement, beneath the floorboards, and in the darkest corners.
* CONQUER UNIQUE ACTION-PUZZLE CHALLENGES
- Use instinct and guile to track down an assortment of tasty insects.
- Tackle hornets, herd mosquitoes, stun dragonflies, attract moths with light, and more!
- Plan your meals wisely! Run out of silk and risk your demise.
* HOURS OF CAPTIVATING GAMEPLAY
- 4 game modes offer limitless depth: race against time in Feeding Frenzy, solve the puzzles of Precision, and survive the intensity of Hunger Mode.
- Earn 48 challenging Achievements including Linebacker, Gaping Maw, and One Fell Stroke.
- Compete with the world on the Spider global leaderboards. Spin together massive combos to get the highest score!
* CONNECT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK
- Use Facebook Connect to share stories and compare high scores with your friends!
* ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK & iPOD SUPPORT
- Enjoy the delicious Spider soundtrack, or listen from your own music library.
Includes the Director's Cut - 10 more levels!
If you like Spider, you'll love :
Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon: http://apple.co/1h7BRUJ
Waking Mars: http://apple.co/2bI9wSt
Spider Bryce Manor HD for the iPad: http://apple.co/2bIcYfu
Tiger Style is a distributed collective of passionate video game developers, from industry veterans to indie musicians. We’re here to bring premiere, unique game experiences to your iPhone and iPod Touch. Tiger Style is currently working hard on their second game, Waking Mars.
Fixed crash in between levels on iOS 8
Fixed bugs with Facebook Connect
Ratings and Reviews
Very, very good.
Really, really good, fantastic even. Really nice and puzzle based in a very artistically intricate and delicate way, keeping the integrity of insectism and detail.
The birth of a new generation of iPhone games
Simply put - amazing. I downloaded this without reading any reviews or recommendations. I had £2 in store credit and took a gamble. I certainly won! I played through the main game once in about an hour. A few things intrigued me, so I googled the game and found that there is more than meets the eye. I'm now on my fifth play through trying to find all the secrets and uncover the story behind the residents of the manor. Spider: TSoBM has so much depth to it - to think I initially thought it was all about eating bugs!
The gameplay, controls, graphics, design, and subtlety of this game have certainly brought a refreshing genre to the games available in the app store. Think Flight Control without the monotony and a RPG without the powering up and you have this cracking game.
Superb! FIVE STARS AND MONEY WELL SPENT!
Yo! This is some game! You would learn to love your screen arachnid even if you did not like spiders! You feel for him as he munches his way through bugs to gain strength. I like spiders anyway, so I am slightly biased. I am trying to limit myself to rations of this game, because I know I am already hooked on it, on fact I am trapped in the numerous webs, helpless like the bug victims!
If you are looking for an entertaining game, with superb graphics, this is the one for you. The spider is responsive, the movements are smooth, and the creators have done a brilliant job. I am realy pleased with this game, it is more than worth the money. Thank you for making my train journey more tolerable!
- Tiger Style Games
- 126.3 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009 Tiger Style LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.