The most advanced sports timer in the AppStore!
Featured by Apple in the TV-ad "Strength".
SprintTimer is a unique sports timer and photo finish app that employs the same techniques as the fully automatic timing equipment (FAT) used at the Olympics. Start the timer and point the camera towards the finish line. The app creates an image where you can scroll to get the time for each competitor with a 0.01 s accuracy. SprintTimer also includes a motion activated Video Finish for longer races and a Start Sender for wirelessly controlling SprintTimer from another device.
SprintTimer is used by coaches, teachers and athletes all over the world for practice and competition in, for example, track & field, cycling, skiing, speed skating, car racing, rowing, kayaking, horses or greyhound racing.
SprintTimer has several advantages over a manual stopwatch:
- One person can time all participants
- Higher accuracy
- Easier to determine the order
- The image and the results can be saved
- Can operate "hands-free" when started
- The timer can be started manually, with a sound, or remotely from another device
See demo videos and user examples at sprinttimer.se
——— Reviews and Comments ———
"Without a doubt the best App available on the market for sprinters and coaches who want accurate timing to see their development."
"Amazing app for physical education teachers or coaches! I have used it for timing during our track and field, speed quickness & agility, fitness testing, & many more units. It is very accurate and easy to use and gets the job done quickly! A must have!"
"The app is very professionally set up and you can very easily capture your whole Track event."
"Very useful app for measuring and/or verifying close finishes to track and field or road races."
Satisfied users from all over the world:
- Brilliant. A fantastic app for use in school athletics lessons
- Amazing. This application is awesome and the results are really accurate.
- What a brilliant app! Our £9k photo finish camera broke down and this app was a real lifesaver and worth way more than £1.50! Highly recommended.
- This app is wonderful. We use it to time all our meets.
- This is a great app and it is getting better from release to release
- Nice, nice, nice! Using it for our youth track team. Love it! 5 stars!
- Exactly what I needed - Fantastic app
- Thank you so much for developing this amazing app just when we ran out of options.
- Congratulations on developing a really clever and useful app.
- Love what you did with SprintTimer app.
——— In-App Purchases and Subscriptions ———
The Start Sender and Results Manager features require the purchase of SprintTimer Pro, available as a subscription at $4.99 per year. There is a 2 weeks free trial period.
Should you choose to subscribe to SprintTimer Pro, the purchase will be charged to your Apple ID account. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours prior to the end of the period. You can manage it from the user settings in iTunes after purchasing it, and you will also be able to cancel the auto-renewing subscription from there.
If you purchase a new SprintTimer Pro subscription during a free trial you will forfeit any free trial remaining from your first subscription.
Icon runners made by Freepik from Flaticon.com
- SprintTimer for Mac OS is now available.
- Base videos can be imported through drag and drop to the main menu and the base video list.
- The sync latency is reported in Start Sender both for direct and cloud mode.
- Better sorting of base videos and start lists.
- Crop marks are visible also in the (normal) portrait view.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a fantastic app. To start, it is at times hard to figure out but once some of its nuances have been noted, it is brilliant.
There are a few improvements and these are mainly to the user interface. I have used in on an iPad and I see know reason why the app should only work in portrait mode.
The saving of files and photos also take some getting use to. The use of time stamp to name files is great but an edit option so that one can give an event an familiar name would be better particularly if you are using it for a number of races in quick succession. Using the time stamp to differentiate races becomes hard work.
On balance a great app and worth the price.
Subscription trap as usual
Was a great app but like many apps these days the recent updates have removed the best feature from the basic app and you now have to pay a yearly subscription for it (the feature I’m talking about is the marking of races). It’s not as if the app was free, I paid to download it in the first place - now it seems I have to keep paying money to use it.
I had been considering upgrading to the pro version for some of the advanced features anyway, but not now because I think this is a poor tactic to boost revenue. I’m a PE teacher and go to a lot of network meetings where we recommend useful resources to each other. This is one I would have happily shown to quite a few other schools - you’ve lost some free advertising.
Developer Response ,
The results database was completely rebuilt in v. 14.7 and the markings are now closely connected to the database and are therefore no longer available without the results manager. The image with timelines can still be saved with the basic version.
The app store doesn't allow for paid upgrades (which I would have preferred) so a subscription model is the only option.
This is good, I’m really now able to see where I am in training 😁
- Sten Kaiser
- 34.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Kaiser & Kaiser
- In-App Purchases
- Start Sender £2.99
- Results Manager £2.99
- SprintTimerPro (upgrade) £4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.