Sputnik! is an easy to use tool for predicting when the International Space Station will pass by your location or when a bright satellite will be visible in the skies above.
- Predictions of satellite and ISS sightings accurate to the second.
- Second by second countdown to the satellite sighting.
- Automatically keeps track of the correct universal time. No need to worry about whether your device clock is accurately set.
- Notification of upcoming satellite sightings even when the app is not running.
- Displays compass direction and elevation for your device to easily find the part of the sky where the sighting will occur (requires capable device).
- Rotate your device to landscape orientation to show exactly where the satellite will pass in the night sky.
- Share sightings via Twitter, Facebook, Mail, Messages and others.
- Automatic download of up to date satellite orbital data, even when the app is not running.
- Offline calculations, no need to be connected to the internet once orbital data has been downloaded.
- Input your location automatically by GPS, select from a map or enter coordinates manually.
- Save your favorite places for easy access.
- Audio cues for the last seconds before the satellite passes by.
Sputnik! on Apple Watch:
- Easily find the next and last sighting at your current location.
- Detailed notifications for upcoming sightings.
* Sputnik! is ad-supported *
- Starlink satellite trains are now detected.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
RIP iridium flares
I’m afraid it’s not the app, my friends. I just tried another (fortunately for cheap) before realising that a second generation of satellites have been launched over the last couple of years and they don’t reflect sunlight in the same way. It’s almost like a natural stellar phenomenon has been taken away from us. 😢
Always accurate, just wish I lived away from the city to use it more often. The only thing that could improve it would be an automatic alarm.
I guess this is quite basic in what it does - no fancy animations etc - but what it does it’s excels at.
It’s my first port of call to find out what time I can expect to see visible satellites from my locality
- Applicate Ltd
- 14.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Applicate Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Go Ad-Free £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.