From the creators of Starbase Orion, the premier 4X space strategy game for iOS, comes a space survival game that will have you firing your turrets and scrambling your fighters to protect your starbase from swarms of enemy invaders.
Starbase Command is a strategy game which puts you in control of a starbase on the fringes of the Empire. Your goal is to survive for as long as possible, driving up your score as you build new defenses and destroy incoming waves of enemies. Merchant vessels bring in much needed wealth to fuel your endeavors. Starbase Command is game of economy, of learning what to build and when, and in what order. It is also a game of tactics, of knowing what enemies you should destroy when.
Watch the gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-VHvOR1sCI
"This game is very addictive ^^" MichelG, user comment from Touch Arcade
"This game is really a gem for me under the iPhone games. My favorite games are Spaceminer, Rimelands, Warpgate, Angrybirds, Settlers Star defense, Fly Kiwi, Galaxy on fire (2). I give this list so you guys can see how good this game is according to me because Starbase Command belongs in this list with my favorite iPhone games." - Wilbair, user comment from Touch Arcade
"Really fun and simple game to play." 1body4u, user comment from iTunes
"Brilliant game, already had new updates and now hanging out for more!!" Bladeslapper, user comment from iTunes
"If you like Spacestation HD, this is recommended. Same defend base concept, but different gameplay and style." Jadis777, user comment from iTunes
Thanks everyone for the great feedback! Here is what's new:
Remember, if you like what you see make sure to review Starbase Command with each update. Your 5 star ratings help ensure more free content updates!
*** GAME BALANCE CHANGES ***
• Changed the navigation algorithm for enemy ships. On certain map configurations, the ships would bunch up in a long line to be easily slaughtered by the player one by one. Now they will navigate around each other in order to get closer to the starbase. This should help even out the game experience.
• Increased the maximum and minimum distance ships spawn away from the starbase.
*** NEW ADDITIONS AND FIXES ***
• There is now an 5-dot indicator at the bottom of raider facilities; when a squadron is destroyed and the rebuild process begins, a white dot is drawn for every minute of rebuilt time that has passed. When it gets to 5 white dots the rebuild process is finished and the new raider squadron will automatically be launched.
• You can now turn on display of unit health bars. There are two bars; blue is shields and green is hull.
• You can now set music and sound levels. Turn off the music to listen to your own background music.
• Fixed a typo in help; mining facilities really do only cost $4000 now ( thanks for the heads up helpful-you-know-who-iTunes-user-commenter! )
• Updated the help section with information regarding the decoy turret
• Upgraded to the latest version of OpenFeint
• Added some crash diagnostics code to help catch certain crash bugs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hook, line and 100% got me
Downloaded before going on a business trip and started playing it on the plane. What a mistake! Totally distracted the whole trip trying to get those extra vital minutes / points...
Fun but needs depth
It's an addictive little game which keeps you playing for a while. But then you realise the format never changes and you always end up getting overwhelmed by the enemy no matter what strategies you employ. The intro is annoying and the repetitive info is too. Sometimes the tiny ships go off the screen for no reason and won't return. The shields restore too slowly and the power ups are expensive and a bit limited. I bought the nuclear weapons to see if it made the game more playable but they aren't very powerful and you also need $5000 to deploy them! I think overall, it need a fairer balance between weapon prices and their impact on shields and enemies. It's got a lot of potential and I hope it gets some updates soon.
Wave after wave of enemy ships attack you and you have to build defences all around you to see how long you last. Good fun app, well worth a try.
- Chimera Software, LLC
- 19.9 MB
Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), iPod touch (6th generation) and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2010 Chimera Software, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Mega Missile Turret Unlock £0.99
- Mega Plasma Turret Unlock £0.99
- Nuclear Missile Launch £0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.