The Northern Line Extension opens on Mon 20/09/2021 & we'll be going to the 2 new stations ASAP to collect the info to update the App. Follow our Social Media for more…
Station Master is an encyclopædia of knowledge of all London Underground, original 84 Overground (pre-June 2015) stations and Docklands Light Railway stations including the best door position for exit at every station, along with unique 3D Maps showing you the facilities at and layout of ALL 270 Tube stations.
Co-created by Geoff Marshall, a two-times Guinness World Record Holder for travelling to all Tube stations in the fastest time possible (a record he held most recently from 2013–2015). http://www.tubeworldrecord.co.uk/
“Tube nerds, prepare to swoon” – Time Out
“Save time on the tube with the shortcuts app Station Master” – Evening Standard
“It’s a real geek's guide to the tube” – Londonist
Prize Winner of "Best App for Accessibility/Step Free Information" - TfL Accessible App Competition - https://www.tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/press-releases/2013/december/tfl-announce-winners-of-accessible-app-competition
The information in Station Master is built-in so it is available at all times underground, without an internet connection.
• Exit information - shows you the correct door to be nearest the exit, interchange corridor, passageways or lift. The only exits App with correct door positions for new S-Stock trains and the new Tottenham Court Road Northern Line station.
• 3D Maps and Exit Maps at selected stations (ALL 270 Tube stations covered in 3D!) - visualise a station before you travel there!
• Accessibility information - Steps count, lift availability, measurements of gaps onto trains and loads more essential information for wheelchair users, parents with buggies or just those with heavy luggage.
• Station facilities - listing toilet information, Wi-Fi availability and more.
• Transport Links - to buses, National Rail trains, Cycle hire and River services.
• Travel tips, history and fun facts for every station, making your commute less of a chore.
Note: Station Master is not a route planning App.
London's Transport Network is constantly changing and evolving and we continually update the information in Station Master to reflect changes to the network and from community contributions and corrections.
• many fixes and performance improvements behind the scenes
• no database updates this time as we've had to "Stay at Home" and not travel
Ratings and Reviews
If you're travelling with lots of luggage, a buggy, a wheelchair or a big dog you absolutely have to get this app to show you where to find lift access. It'll save you hours of frustration & difficulty.
Paid the £3.99 for this because of the simple exit map shown in the AppStore for Old Street. Sadly this feature is not available for many stations, like the ones where it would be most useful: London Bridge, Waterloo, Kings X St P, etc. That’s the only feature that would have made this app worth paying for, for me anyway.
The 3D maps are ok as far as they go, but you need to know the area around the station for them to be of any use, and for example the one for London Bridge shows Tooley St and Borough High St as being parallel at opposite ends of the station, when in fact they are at right angles, and join up right next to one of the Tube exits! So pretty rubbish really.
Also worth noting that the app refers to your built-in Apple maps system, which is famous for putting the label for underground stations in sometimes completely random locations, nowhere near any actual station entrance/exit.
Accessibility info out of date
I had to return this as I bought it for the accessibility info, but some of it is out of date and confusing, which you can’t have when travelling in a wheelchair! (eg Tower Hill shown as not accessible on the platform breakdown, when it was made fully accessible nearly two years ago... it does say accessible at the top and it shows lifts but with no gap info and the platform breakdown saying no access, it isn’t helpful) It would be really good if it was up to date :)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Frostmd LLP
- 52.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 frostmd LLP
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip £0.99
- Medium Tip £1.99
- (Virtual) Coffee for Matthew £4.99
- Large Tip £4.99
- Enormous Tip £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.