With the free Steam app for iOS, you can participate in the Steam community wherever you go.
With the Steam app for iOS, you can:
- Chat with your Steam friends.
- Secure your account with the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.
- Access your inventory, trades, and the Community Market on the go. With Trade and Market Confirmations, you can be sure that your items never leave your account without your approval.
- See the latest screenshots and posts from your friends and the most popular content from across the Steam Community.
- Keep up on the latest news and discussions from your favorite groups and games.
- Remotely download and install your games straight to your PC at home.
Fixed an issue where the app would get stuck at a login screen with no Steam Guard code after resuming from the background.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s good as a messenger and an authenticator. That’s it.
It’s good as an authenticator and a messenger, but that’s pretty much it. The Store is very difficult to use. The titles are bugged (e.g: “Welcome+to+Steam”), Links like ‘view next in discovery queue’ are broken, It doesn’t generally have a very appealing look either. Swiping is also unappealing, as it seems like you ‘drag’ the tiles across, rather than swiping them across. On the other hand, messaging is quick and easy, which I like. However the friends tab seems to always be delayed by a few hours. Loading takes forever (however this could just be me) and overall, it’s just not a very good app. 2/5
Stop logging me out :'(
It's an alright app but by no means near the quality it should be. It has recently developed an infuriating habit of consistently logging me out every third or so time of me opening the app. This is beyond annoying especially when I want to reply to a message or purchase a game from one of the many sales quickly (Both of these features work fine btw). This just seems random, with no correlation to internet connection issues as this happens everywhere and everyday. Personally I'd recommend obviously for an in-app setting to alter the time that you can remain logged in with a permanent option in which your password is only required when purchasing or trading. I realise this issue may be somehow isolated to me but I've been using this app for several years of which this has never happened before.
Overall this variant of steam functions adequately enough for me to continue using it as on the most part it works hence why I've had it for so long! But this 'feature' complete with other issues such as videos just generally not working whatsoever limit the app getting a higher rating.
This app is required to trade and confirm market listings which is awful since this app hasn’t been updated in 2 years. The app crashes and is full of errors, it will randomly crash, my keyboard will cover my screen when messaging friends and I cannot change my profile picture. This is only a pinch of the problems with this app but unfortunately you require it to use trading. You think valve would solve these problems since they require you to have it but it’s quite poor to not fix these bugs or update the app in 2 years. Poor performance on their behalf but I cannot disregard it since you’re probably reading this review planning to download it but nothing will stop you since it’s required. All I’m gonna say is that it’s okay to start but it slowly becomes painful, trust me.
- Valve Corporation
- 12.8 MB
Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2015 Valve Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.