With the free Steam app for iOS, you can participate in the Steam community wherever you go.
With the Steam app for iOS, you can:
- Chat with your Steam friends.
- Secure your account with the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.
- Access your inventory, trades, and the Community Market on the go. With Trade and Market Confirmations, you can be sure that your items never leave your account without your approval.
- See the latest screenshots and posts from your friends and the most popular content from across the Steam Community.
- Keep up on the latest news and discussions from your favorite groups and games.
- Remotely download and install your games straight to your PC at home.
- Fixed an issue with some older devices failing to load certain pages within the app
Ratings and Reviews
Almost okay; but needs improvement
-When you open the app, occasionally it just doesn’t load and you have to crash and reopen it
-For some reason, the search bar at the top of your friends list doesn’t search your friends list; it searches the whole of steam. This means you have to specifically search for your friends by scrolls through your list. I have 400+ friends and some begin with special characters and change their names; and since the nickname feature can’t be used without a working search, it’s incredibly inefficient to find any friend you want to message unless you messaged them very recently
Stop logging me out :'(
It's an alright app but by no means near the quality it should be. It has recently developed an infuriating habit of consistently logging me out every third or so time of me opening the app. This is beyond annoying especially when I want to reply to a message or purchase a game from one of the many sales quickly (Both of these features work fine btw). This just seems random, with no correlation to internet connection issues as this happens everywhere and everyday. Personally I'd recommend obviously for an in-app setting to alter the time that you can remain logged in with a permanent option in which your password is only required when purchasing or trading. I realise this issue may be somehow isolated to me but I've been using this app for several years of which this has never happened before.
Overall this variant of steam functions adequately enough for me to continue using it as on the most part it works hence why I've had it for so long! But this 'feature' complete with other issues such as videos just generally not working whatsoever limit the app getting a higher rating.
Needs more than a lil work
To start it barely works, when I spend time away from my computer I still try and keep up to date with offers and events that are going on however the page never loads anything fully, either it’ll be a page of script text which hasn’t loaded in correctly to display anything on the page bar that or it will be a load of prices with no names of the games or pictures to go with it. At first I thought it may be a connection issue but after switching from WiFi to 4g it didn’t affect it in the slightest.
If there was an update to help correct this issue I’d be more than happy to bump the stars up, there are plenty more issues that need to be addressed however I believe most of the other reviews have covered them, so I’d take not and listen to your fan base and give the app a boost it would help provide us a better service and may give people a better way to browse your market without having to go into their browser and login in every time they want to have a look.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Valve Corporation
- 43 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Valve Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.