The most realistic sky map to observe stars, planets and constellations!
Stellarium Mobile Sky Map is a fully-featured planetarium for your phone. It shows a realistic and accurate night sky map, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.
The sensor control will help you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on iOS featuring:
• a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
• a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
• asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
• artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
• realistic Milky Way
• realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
• accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
• 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
• night mode (red)
• GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
- Fix a bug with Chinese font on iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
Not kept up to date with iOS
With version 11 iOS this great product no longer operates by moving the sky view as the iPad, for example, traverses the heavens. It still operates if you manually select the sky zone and it occasionally lapses into gibberish information about celestial bodies. Not the app’s fault but an update would be most welcome - even at a small fee. Go to it team.
This app is more or less identical to the desktop version, it's also very clear that a ton of thought has gone into the UI. Usage by touch is totally instinctive and intuitive. I think this is probably the best astro app on iOS at the moment.
Wouldn’t it be cool to be able to take a panoramic photo of your observatory location and have the software use that instead of the pre installed backgrounds. Gyro and compass would enable correct levelling and orientation.
I first came across Stellarium on the Linux platform about 7 years ago. It was very impressive then and it remains very impressive now. The controls are slightly different to the desktop version and it took me a couple of minutes to adjust but they're very well thought out but they work extremely well on my phone. Stellarium in my pocket! Fantastic. Thank you.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.