Track how far you walk and how many steps you take. Always on, works on all iPhones.
Steps is a pedometer and activity tracker. It shows you just how much you're moving in a simple, elegant way. Set a goal. As you walk, the colors change to show your progress like a sunrise. No noise, no extra gadget to wear and nothing to distract you.
Everyone should walk 10,000 steps every day for their health, but many of us don't go that far. With Steps, you can easily track how far you go every day, set a goal, and get moving!
- Clear, uncluttered design and changing color tells you at a glance how far you've gone today
- Easily set and adjust goals
- Calorie tracking, customized for your body and activity
- Track and share your full activity history
- Customize to match your style with themes
- Check in quickly from your Apple Watch or Notification Center on your iPhone
- Integrates with Apple Health to combine data from your Apple Watch or other connected devices
ALWAYS ON, WORKS WITH THE PHONE YOU HAVE
- Always on and tracking, no need to press start and stop buttons
- Works anywhere on your body
- Works with any iPhone running iOS 7 or greater
A NOTE ON BATTERY LIFE WITH IPHONE 5 AND 5c
To track your activity in the background on the iPhone 5 and 5c, Steps keeps track of your location. We've gone to great lengths to minimize battery use and make sure your charge still lasts all day, but there's no getting around some impact on your battery. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
In this update are a number of little improvements and fixes. Sometimes it's the little things :)
Here are a few:
- Summaries in the History tab now show calories if available
- In certain timezones (for example in British Summer Time), you might have encountered weird behavior when scrolling your history by week. That's fixed now.
- An issue that could cause a couple of our Watch complications to display gigantic, implausible step counts is now fixed.
And much much more. Thanks for using Steps!
Ratings and Reviews
Loving this app. ✅
I've used plenty of pedometers over the years and was a bit wary of an iPhone app as folks said it drains the battery or is inaccurate.
I went ahead and downloaded it anyways and I'm pleased to report that for me, the accuracy is perfect and with no problem with battery drain. I've actually manually counted my steps several times and provided it's in my pocket, the accuracy is perfect. No false readings from normal handling of the phone either. Very impressive. I bought the very reasonable in app upgrade to allow some more features. And I've not missed my 10,000 a day target since I got it. Great app. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I can’t get the notifications to stop so I keep getting them even though they are turned off in the settings
Edit: it has now been a month and I still cannot get the notifications to turn off therefore I have no choice but to turn them off because I will get in trouble if I keep getting notifications on my phone so I really think you should fix this error as people could get onto serious trouble if they are getting notifications when they specifically told their parents that they would not be getting any notifications as they would turn them off for every single app except for mess ages and heat I java to break my promise because of this one app so I am deleting it because of this glitch. I have commented before and I have seen no reply so j will be reporting to all people I know about the quality of this app
Brilliant, But Saps Your iPhone Battery Fast!
This is s brilliant, free app. I wanted to see how far I walked whilst I was at work. The app was excellent, and easy to use.
My only complaint, is that it saps your iPhone battery extremely fast. Mine went from 98% to 10% after four hours of using the app!
As such, this is a 5-Star app in terms of what it does, but it's way too battery-hungry to use regularly, other than for short jogs/runs. Until this issue is fixed, I won't be using it anymore.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Year of Code, LLC
- 42 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Japanese, Russian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014-2021 Year of Code, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Calorie Tracking £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.