Play, design, and share sorting and labeling puzzles! Stick Around comes with an assortment of puzzles, including ordering decimals and classifying rocks. It's the player's job to drag the stickers from the tray to their correct spots on the background before time runs out.
The best feature of Stick Around is that you can create your very own puzzles in just 3 steps:
1. Use drawing tools and/or import photos to make a background.
2. Add stickers with text, images, and/or drawings.
3. Indicate where stickers belong by making an answer key.
Teachers can make puzzles for their students to practice content. Students can program their own study aids. Parents can design customized puzzles for their children.
There are loads of possible uses for Stick Around for any age level, from toddler to college!
Ideas for puzzles include:
- place locations on a map
- tag parts of the body
- place items where they belong on a chart
- complete a graphic organizer
- annotate the water cycle
- label people in a photo
- diagram a sentence
- associate powers with the branches of government
- sequence events on a timeline
- associate words and definitions
- label the parts of a plant
- put words in alphabetical order
- fill in a Venn diagram
- match photos of animals to their habitats
Stick Around is designed by educators and is packed with powerful features:
- copy from and export puzzles to Dropbox, GDrive, WebDAV & email
- record audio instructions for your puzzles
- access a suite of drawing tools
- set an answer key for your puzzles
- import screencasts made with Explain Everything™ and use them as instructions for your puzzles (puzzles can be exported to Explain Everything™ and recorded/annotated on)
- import projects made with Explain Everything™ and turn them into puzzles
- play with or without a timer
- attach audio, additional text, and web addresses to stickers
- save a screenshot of a completed puzzle with imprinted time and attempts
- import and trim images from your Photo Library, Dropbox, GDrive and WebDAV
- new features and improvements in upcoming updates
Follow Stick Around to download new puzzles that can help make learning stick!
Have a puzzle you'd like to share? Use the hashtag #stickaroundapp!
You can share puzzles with others via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, GDrive, WebDAV, and "Open in..."
Please note: The receiving iPad must have Stick Around installed in order to play.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Work in progress?
I don't honestly know what else is out there in this category, but I applaud attempts to create something like this. I would love to project puzzles like this on a big display rather than relying on web content or awful software like SMART Notebook. Unfortunately there seems to be some work to do to properly realise the vision of Stick Around.
The bundled examples don't really work as well as you'd expect. Feedback is limited to 'all correct or something wrong' and it's not always easy to position things in the required location (there's no snapping). Some sort of library of general images might be a good idea rather than relying on content in Dropbox, camera roll, etc.
I'll be very interested to see how this app develops and pupils with a camera equipped iPad will certainly be able to create some engaging content now. However, it's not developed enough yet for me to create a lot of my own resources.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Explain Everything sp. z o.o.
- 145 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2019 Explain Everything and Tony Vincent Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.