Design your own chart for your craft project!
StitchSketch was developed by a creator of the popular software program "KG-Chart for Cross Stitch".
This mobile version utilizes intuitive "touch" user interface of mobile devices.
- Design your own chart for craft works such as:
Cross Stitch (Crossstitch), Bead Weaving, Iron Beads (Perler(R) Beads), Knitting pattern, Color Knitting, Pixel Art, and more!
- This is also suited for drawing "dotted" pictures (Pixel Art), such as icons in low resolution
- Convert your photo into a chart
- Draw chart with a symbol in a cell
- Maximum chart size is 250 x 250
- Pixel & Vector Drawing (Backstitch, Fractional Stitch, Hardanger)
- Pinch to zoom
- Generic color palette and Color Charts (palette) for: DMC(R), DFT, COSMO, Delica, Toho Best, Perler(R) Beads
- Knitting Symbols (Amizu Kigou (JIS)) for designing knitting pattern
- Rectangular cell size
- Real view to simulate finished image
- Undo / Redo
- Drawing tools: Pencil, Rectangle, Ellipse, Flood Fill, Text
- Selecting Tool: Selection and Cut/Copy/Paste/Rotate/Flip/Stamp
- Edit colors and symbols
- Save or Email a chart as native format or PNG image
- Generate a chart in PDF for emailing or printing.
- Organize charts with thumbnails
- Support Dropbox
- Notes: The chart file is not compatible with KG-Chart (win) right now.
*** User's Manual / Tutorials are here:
- DMC Color Adjusted (Under 6500K color monitor/lighting)
Ratings and Reviews
Could be Perfect if it was more consistent.
This is still the only app I use for designing my knitting charts. Unfortunately, turning my charts into PDFs is very hit and miss, sizing-wise. Even when I select “fits to one page”, my chart often is randomly split into two pages. It becomes trial and error, and is a bit time consuming. Also recently, for some reason, if I leave the app open for a while, then go back to it, the chart seems to slip and freeze within the frame, and the various tools disappear.
These are observations and constructive criticisms, not rants! It is still my favourite app and I still use it in spite of these glitches, but it could be totally amazing!
Good but clunky UI
Really good product for the price and handy because it is on my iPad so I don't often have to print out my plans.
However, the UI is a bit clunky and in-intuitive. I also wish I could scale down when printing because it prints at twice to three times the size of the actual item which then necessitates that I cut and stick the pages together even when it isn't a very big design.
But still a very good app and would be perfect with a few minor tweaks. Xx
I've waited a while before reviewing this app because I wanted to gain a real understanding of how it works. It would be unfair to rate it if I hadn't given it a real go.
This app has the potential to be outstanding BUT I am unable to print my designs directly. The design aspect is really good but what is the point of designing if I can't easily print a chart version (particularly with b/w symbols) to sew my designs? Not everyone wants to work directly from their iPad/tablet. I've tried and tired to work out how to do it without success. This is frustrating and such oversight will ultimately make me look at another app that will deliver what I want.
Please fix this oversight.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mozusystems, LLC
- 3.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © (C)2012-2020 Mozusystems, LLC / Keiji Ikuta
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.