Get Stop Motion Studio, the most powerful animation studio ever designed for a Mac.
Want to create movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube? Then this is the app you’ve got to add to your collection. Create beautiful stop motion animated movies. It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with. Create fantastic movies your friends will enjoy or share it with the world on YouTube, Facebook and other sites. Cool themes, titles and sound effects are easy to add, too.
Stop Motion Studio helps you to create terrific stop action movies with a whole host of unique features:
• Use your DSLR camera from Canon, Nikon or Sony for live view and capture images
• Onionskin to show previous layers over the live view for precise control
• Mask, TV-Safe and Grid to position animated objects more easily
• Instant playback, no wait time to see your movie
• Integrated movie editor with frame-by-frame preview
• Zoom in and out on the timeline view so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
• Cut, copy, paste, delete and insert frames at any position
• Automatically capture frames with an adjustable time interval feature to create time-lapse movies
• Fade your movie in or out for a professional look
• Import and export project to and from Stop Motion Studio Mobile.
Do amazing things:
• Chroma keying (Green Screen) to change the background of your scene at any time
• Define In- and Outpoints for precious control over your animation
• Create movies in Ultra High Definition (4K) with four times the resolution of Full HD.
• Import pictures, video clips or audio directly into your movie.
• Use your iPhone, iPod or iPad as a remote camera connected via a Wi-Fi.
• Movie Effects: Choose from seven amazing effects to give your movie an extra-creative professional touch.
• Screen capture: Create great looking screencasts using the built-in screen capture camera
• Folder Watch: Define a folder to watch for images to import.
• Histogram to see image exposure and color balance
• Add movie titles and credits using eight different themes. Or choose from 28 amazing theme and text cards.
• Choose from more than 30 different front- and background images.
Full Camera Control
• 4K Ultra High Definition, 1080p and 720p.*
• Control exposure, contrast and saturation
• Remote camera controls include position, exposure, white balance and focus
• DSLR support to control ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed
• DSLR live view with onionskin to line up your animation perfectly
• Take a test shot to see a preview of your image
Add Audio effects and Music
• Bring it all to life using sound effects at virtually any position in your movie. Choose from more than 80 music and sound samples
• Add music from your own song library to your movie
• Edit audio clips with the integrated audio editor
• Export your movie in up 4K UHDTV quality
• Export as animated GIF
• Export in square format for Facebook or Instagram
• Export or print as Flipbook
• Export all images
• Export your project to Stop Motion Studio for iOS
*Supported DSLR cameras:
Canon EOS 450D
Canon EOS 600D
Canon 5D Mark III
Canon Kiss X2
Canon Kiss X5
Canon Rebel XSi
Canon Rebel T3i
Nikon D3100 (No Liveview / EVF)
Sony a5000 (Wifi)
Sony DSC-QX10 (Wifi)
This update fixes an issue where images are not exported correctly. Also fixes an issue with folder watch not importing images correctly.
Ratings and Reviews
Serves a purpose.
It is not good for editing but good for transforming video footage into stopomotion.
GCSE Photography Exam
I needed an affordable piece of software to assist one of my GCSE Photography students in completing her examination and after spending a couple of days tearing my hair out trying to get iStopmotion Pro to work without crashing instantaneously, I gave in and took a punt on Stop Motion Studio Pro. Within seconds my Canon EOS 6D was hooked up, controlled remotely via the software. No full manual control that I’ve discovered but simple tweaks such as brightness, contrast and saturation are there. My student, never having used a Mac let alone the software, and never having previously animated had a quick practice on the day and completed a piece to be proud of within two days - the first day spent capturing in this software and the second spent tweaking with filters, crops and sound, having imported her piece into iMovie. If you don’t expect the moon on a stick and are prepared to treat the software as part of a workflow, it’s well worth a tenner of anyone’s money.
Not working for me
I guess I should have checked the compatibility list but not working with Canon 80D. Camera is recognised but says live view not supported, then it shows a live (jittery) image on screen so no sure if the “live view not supported” message is relevant or not? I am able to adjust the camera setting via the app which update the “live” image accordingly. I am also able to take a test shot via the test image button which then shows correctly in the viewer, but that is where I have drawn a blank. The app now shows only my test image and no longer the live feed, if I press the capture image button, it makes a shutter sound different to the test image sound but no image is taken and looking at the “Camera” list, it now shows “none” whereas before, it showed “Canon 80D”. I can reselect Canon 80D and repeat the process ad nauseam but it always kicks the camera off and no images end up on the timeline. Hope it gets fixed so I can use it!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.