Get Stop Motion Studio, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today!
As seen on Apple's TV commercial “Life on iPad.”
Stop Motion Studio: Check out the buzz...
"This app has lots of attractive features, making it super easy to get into stop motion video. You’ll have a lot of fun playing with it.”
“With a little creativity and a lot of patience, there’s much fun to be had with this app! Check it out.
“...for satisfying the inner animation producer in all of us.”
“It includes some exciting features.”
“Let's Make a Movie!”
With it’s easy to use interface Stop Motion Studio lets you create beautiful movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube.
It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with.
Stop Motion Studio is a powerful, full-featured movie editor with a whole host of features:
• A simplistic, easy-to-use interface
• Overlay mode showing the differences between frames
• Grid mode to position animated objects more easily
• Copy, paste, cut, and insert frames at any position
• Movie editor with frame-by-frame preview
Timeline so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
Create beautiful movies:
• Choose from a whole lot of unique titles, credits, and text cards or create your very own with the built-in editor
• Give your movie the perfect look with different video filters
• Enhance your movie with different foregrounds, backgrounds, aspect ratios, and fade effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music, and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by painting over it.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
Capture like a pro:
• Capture with an adjustable time interval feature
• Full camera control with automatic or manual white balance, focus and exposure, ISO and shutter speed
Use a second device as a remote camera
Use your Apple Watch as a remote shutter release
Use with your Wifi-enabled DSLR camera**
Powerful, built-in layer-based image editor:
• Add text and speech bubbles or create titles
• Add facial expressions to LEGO® figures
• Touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint
• Wipe away unwanted objects with the eraser tool
• Merge frames together to simulate fast movement
Share with friends and family:
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p
• Save as iMessage sticker or animated GIF
• Save all images
• Easily transfer projects between devices using AirDrop, Dropbox or iCloud
• Start creating on your mobile device and continue right where you left off on your Mac
• Publish movies on Stop Motion TV for everyone to see
* Some features require in-app purchases. All features are already included in the Pro version.
** Supported DSLR cameras: Sony a5000, Sony DSC-QX10
Thanks for using Stop Motion Studio. We have fixed some issues and added an option where a project is moved to the trash folder when deleted, so it can be restored if you change your mind. We welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s almost there, just one thing wrong.
The merge function has been restored thankfully and works great with the animation I’m working on. The one thing for me is when there are a lot of frames in an animation it starts to lag and miss frames out which makes it look very jumpy and it’s hard to record voice because when you click on a frame (when there’s a lot of them) it clicks on the wrong frame which is quite weird and annoying. It might be my phone, I’m not sure but if other people have this issue then please address it so it’s fixed. But all in all the app works and it’s layout is very easy to use and make great but ‘short’ animations.
Hello developers or developer.
I have used the app for 4 weeks now, over all great experiences.
One area I like is to have a response to emails to my questions before purchases please.
Improvement areas would be in RotoScoping the drawing experience is anything in fine detail like 0.5 with a Apple pen appears not to work. I like to be able to rotor screen and not by hand. As in to rotate the screen physical is a backwards way of thinking.
Frame by frame from using the RotoScoping is basic not much details can be added. Think Procreate take away 100 % and your their.
This is not a negative, just something you can improve upon.
Such as adding back ground layer maybe a green screen in RotoScoping. At the moment you have to do this frame by frame !
The other areas of time line and stop motion are good very good.
I did add a back ground colour in the menu like green screen but was unable to add to whole time line.
Especially like the head phone jack for press to take images while in stop motion.
At the price a person wishing to buy cannot complain.
I like to see more on line videos to explain and answer questions.
These I found limited to my questions.
Last thought stop motion is your name
The name cat eaters I suggest change :)
As your running under cat eater llc
Might present some interesting ideas from some people
I’ll start with the badish news first ... The one and only thing I am here to moan about is that the adverts for in app purchases . These are so annoying and hope that you can cut down on how many you use.
Now for the silver lining... this app is the best app I have got for filming and editing . I am at this moment creating a big (like super big ) project on Pokemon eeveelutions with a big group of friends 👫. Anyways I will stop rambling on and just say that if you are debating whether or not to get this app then I would say get it because you should and hope that this apps developers like this report ... Bye !!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- CATEATER, LLC
- 130.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Cateater, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Feature Pack £4.99
- Import Images £0.79
- Sound Effects £0.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.