The Strad is the most authoritative and influential string music magazine, read by makers, musicians and teachers since 1890.
Every month it brings you the latest news, commentary and analysis, in-depth articles, interviews with star string players and retrospectives on great musicians of the past, masterclass sheet music section and much more. It is essential reading for anyone in the string music world.
Subscribe today and get:
• Interviews with star string players and retrospectives on the great musicians of the past
• In-depth articles examining important and unusual instruments by master makers
• Reports on the latest advances in science and technology, by leading contemporary luthiers
• Trade Secrets contemporary luthiers share their innovative techniques for parts of the making process
• In Focus: articles examining important and unusual instruments by master makes of the past
• Making Matters: contemporary makers examine themes relevant to instrument and bow making today
• Meet your Maker: players and makers give accounts of the commissioning process and its results
• Masterclass sheet music section with commentary and annotations by international concert artists
• News, comment and analysis from the string music world
• Supplements including Cremona 2017, String Courses 2017, Degrees 2018 and Accessories 2017
Subscribe to the digital issue today:
- Try before you buy with our FREE 30-DAY TRIAL available exclusively for Apple users.
- Enjoy exclusive VIDEOS, AUDIO CLIPS and INTERACTIVE LINKS.
- Download your issues INSTANTLY
- Exclusive subscriber only SUPPLEMENTS
This is a free app download. Within the app users can purchase the current issue and back issues.
Subscriptions are also available within the application. A subscription will start from the latest regular issue at the time of purchase.
-The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
-You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through your Account Settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
-Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased.
-If a subscription offers a free trial, at the end of the trial period, you will be charged the full price of the subscription. You may cancel a subscription during its free trial period via the subscription settings on your iTunes account. This must be done 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged.
Users can register for/ login to a pocketmags account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing pocketmags users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a wi-fi area so that all issue data is retrieved.
If your app will not load past the splash page after a first install or an update, please delete and reinstall the app from the App Store
Help and frequently asked questions can be accessed in-app and on pocketmags.
If you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
You can find our terms and conditions here:
New and improved app homepage
Enhanced reading experience
Numerous bug fixes and improvements
We're here to help! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Great content zooming could be better
Everything great bar the zoom. If you could click on an article which then filled the screen of the iPad or iPhone then you wouldn't have to keep scanning across and back - this would make the experience much more like an online mag and less like a photo of a paper mag.
At last it's here!
I always thought that if The Strad could be accessed via an app then it would convince me to read magazines on an ipad. I'm not disappointed- it looks great and I can buy back issues. This magazine was always difficult to find in the shops so after years of rarely reading it I am hooked again. Well done to all at The Strad!
Really slick, easy to use app. The free download was a great way to try it out and I wasn't disappointed. Great zoom function for the iPhone so you can read everything without a problem.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Newsquest Specialist Media Limited
- 26.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © MagazineCloner.com Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- The Strad £12.99
- The Strad £48.99
- 2013 May £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.