Kick start your medieval domination in Stronghold Kingdoms, the first and only MMORTS for Mac.
“One of my favorite MMORTS titles” – Massively
“There’s a whole lot to keep strategy veterans happy” – Strategy Informer
“A level of depth that goes beyond the normal Stronghold games” – Hooked Gamers
“It's truly NOT a pay to win game” - ZAM
Turn the oceans red by waging bloody war across 38 tropical islands with new, changing sea conditions. Players must fight for a single kingly throne avoiding rough seas and the occasional hurricane as they attack, scout and trade across a medieval archipelago.
Conditions change daily with tail winds, rough seas and violent storms either slowing or accelerating the progress of attacks, trade ships and scouting parties as they move between islands. Attacking forces may catch a strong tailwind and obliterate their enemies in the blink of an eye. Traders can double their earnings in a single day by all casting off while conditions are favorable. Scouts on the other hand could be so heavily delayed by storms at sea that, upon returning home, find their actions have sparked a conflict that has destroyed their home!
Old strategies, routines and timed attacks will be rethought as players adjust to the changing pace of this new game world and fight for control of the high seas.
Join thousands of players online as you expand your medieval village and construct a mighty castle to protect it: farm peacefully, engage in political mind games, seek vengeance on your sworn enemies or lead your armies to glory across a map of medieval Europe. Rule as you desire and become a feudal Lord! Siege other players, battle AI opponents, research new weaponry, forge alliances in player Factions and fight for the eternal glory of your House.
Choose your path to the crown and become King in the first Stronghold MMO on Mac!
• Build an Online Stronghold - Defend your territory with impenetrable castle defences and fiendish traps.
• Rule Your Parish - Build a castle in your hometown and wage war on your neighbours across the UK, Germany, France and Europe!
• Become a Noble Lord - Trade, scout and explore in a medieval world filled with thousands of other players.
• Explore a Vast Tech Tree – Become a warlord, trader, farmer or diplomat by researching new upgrades and structures.
• Lead Your Faction - Forge alliances with other players and become their elected leader in a player-controlled political system!
• Play for Free – Stronghold Kingdoms is completely free to play, with no upfront payment or subscription required.
Like – facebook.com/strongholdkingdoms
Follow – twitter.com/shkingdoms
Discuss – forum.strongholdkingdoms.com
Tips - help.strongholdkingdoms.com
Introducing a new in-game Coat of Arms Editor
- More than four charges can be applied
- Coat of Arms can now be edited in-game
- Unlocked additional charges through quests
- Ability to rotate and change charge layers
- Resizing of charges no longer limited to S,M,L
- Charges can now be flipped and centred for easier editing
- Spandau bei Berlin was added to all German game worlds
- Removed incorrect message pop up when using the 'View Castle' option in report with an Interdicted village.
- Fixed issue where Scouts couldn't be cancelled after 5 minutes
Ratings and Reviews
Well disappointing is the only word i can use to describe this game... No where near as good as the original PC version and the extra costs are extortionate for such an old game.
Such a shame
I’ve been playing (and paying for) this game religiously for 3 years and then, bang!! Overnight a new update has ruined the entire game for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love learning new software and totally understand the need for updates and moving forward but this update has turned the game into something from another planet. It’s clunky, fiddly, frustrating, cumbersome, etc, etc….
Does not work at all on my 2.3 i7 running High Sierra (well, it loads the game and then stumbles it’s way through it’s blundering ways with plenty of the dreaded beachball moments)… I loaded it onto my MacBook Pro running Yosemite and it works a little better but for example, it took me almost 3 minutes to place a gatehouse as it crazily autoscrolled around the castle for me whilst I tried to pick my spot.
This is the first time I’ve ever put up a bad review on the App Store and this update fully deserves it.
Bug bug bug bug and new bugs!
Mac users get screwed again by Firefly.
Latest update does not include the new world PC users are enjoying. Castle and attack screens break after you get your 2nd village.
They have managed to make the game EVEN SLOWER and MORE glitchy!!!
Still no copy paste from emails, (we need this to use Google translate) and the ‘Mail Forward’ function is still broken so we can’t even forward foreign language mails to a PC user!
Now banquetting is broken… how am I supposed to gain honour????
PC users have so much advantage over the Mac client, its simply just not fair once you start progressing, even spending $100’s on crowns won’t make up for the shortfalls Mac users are tortured with.
Forget ‘pay to win', this is ‘pay to stay in the game'
Developer Response ,
We're sorry to hear that you experienced trouble with this older version of the game. If you experience any issues in the latest version of the game, please do not hesitate to contact our support team. You can contact support at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Firefly Studios
- 237.3 MB
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 FIREFLY HOLDINGS LIMITED. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.