Get Stronger and Build Muscle with StrongLifts. Simple, effective weight lifting program. StrongLifts plans your workouts, and does all the thinking for you. Just go the gym, follow the app, and get results.
Rated 5 stars by tens of thousands of StrongLifters all over the world.
Results from StrongLifters...
• Used for 3 months! Excellent results 285lb squat!
• I've gained 8 pounds of muscle in 3 months.
• After 12 weeks I'm now aiming for the 300lb squat and getting my bench above 220lb.
• In 3 weeks my squat has gone up by 45lb. It's an exercise I've struggled with in the past, but now it's one of my favourites.
• Being middle aged, overweight and never lifted weight this was what I needed. I am gaining muscle and strength, losing inches on the waist and squatted 220lb for the first time. I am more than happy.
Here’s how to get started with StrongLifts
1. Enter your best lifts (Squat, Bench, Deadlift,…), or start as a complete beginner
2. Watch how we calculate your optimal starting weights for each exercise
3. Get motivated by how much we predict you’ll be lifting in 12 weeks
4. Follow the workout plan, and build strength and muscle!
Stop wasting time in the gym, and start getting results. The StrongLifts 5x5 workout plan only takes three workouts a week of 45 minutes each. It's simple but effective..
• Intense, full body workouts to target every muscle with only three exercises
• Free weight, barbell exercises like Squats to build maximum strength and muscle
• Science-backed “Progressive Overload” to trigger gains and motivation
• Easy start with high exercise frequency to master proper form
• Rest days between workouts for optimal muscle recovery
• Visible, objective progress to keep you motivated
• Simple workouts to increase gym consistency
Most fitness apps only log your workouts but don’t show you how to get results. StrongLifts guides you through each workout like a personal trainer. It does all the thinking for you so you can focus on lifting. With StrongLifts you’ll know…
• How much weight to start with
• Which exercises to do each workout
• When to add weight, and by how much
• How to adjust for failures and plateaus
• When to deload, or switch sets & reps
• How long to rest between every set
• How much to lift after a break
You'll love the simplicity and ease-of-use of StrongLifts. Most fitness apps do too many things and are complicated to use. StrongLifts keeps it simple and saves you time…
• Easy to log - tap the circles to enter your sets, keep tapping to lower the reps
• Easy to adjust - tap the weight to change it, or let StrongLifts progress the weight
• Easy to follow - rest after each set, do your next set when the timer rings
• Easy to track progress - watch your strength increase on graphs
• Easy to learn - watch in-app videos of workouts
Apple Health compatible: sync workouts, body-weight, calories
Download StrongLifts and try our free workout plan. Upgrade to Pro for even better results with warmups, plate calculator, assistance exercises, and more.
StrongLifts Pro can be purchased for three months or yearly. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew at the end of the period, for the same price. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time up until 24-hours before the end of the subscription period in your Account Settings. When you cancel the auto-renewal, access to the Pro features will not expire immediately, you will have access until the end of the current payment period.
Our goal is to build the simplest, most effective way to build strength and muscle. We improve StrongLifts using your review and feedback. This is how we help you get "5-star" results in the gym.
Thanks for using StrongLifts! This release fixes several minor issues. Here's what's new in this version:
• Fix deload after break sometimes not triggered (like when changing workout dates)
• Fix account settings glitch in dark mode
Issues, questions or suggestions?
• Please read the workout guide - https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
• Please read our FAQ - https://support.stronglifts.com/
• Contact from the app - settings - about - contact / firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please rate the app 5 stars so more people find it
Ratings and Reviews
Best app in the store. Just wish you could edit workouts more freely.
Let me start by saying if you are unsure on whether or not to get this app, get it. It is so easy to use, rigorous and gives a near complete training program for both beginners and intermediates.
The program is designed to stick to compound lifts are target major muscle groups. The subscription is fully worth purchasing, and gives a simple guide to how to warm up and the ability to add on additional isolation exercises at the end.
Additionally if you do not have time for 5x5 or it becomes too taxing, you have the option to switch to 3x5.
My only complaint is that you cannot edit the core exercises for each workout. Now there is a good reason for this, as it ensures that you stick to the system (which I recommend) for the best results. However, individuals who suffer from conditions prohibiting them from certain lifts (such as supraspinatus tendinitis, which produces pain with barbell press), are unable to replace these exercises with a suitable alternative (such as standing/seated dumbbell press in the above case). Whilst the muscles targeted may not be identical, I personally believe that this app should give the freedom to allow edits. That’s just a thought, and I do hope one day such an option will be offered to subscribed users.
Helped me a huge amount with lifting
I have had a few periods on and off with lifting, trying to get into it and make progress, but I always suffered from a lack of direction, idea of what weights to lift, and generally had a lack of progress.
However, after only using this app for 8 weeks, I have made huge progress and increased all my lifts by 50%. In 8 weeks I have gone from having not used the gym for months, to probably being in the best shape of my life, and being motivated to go to the gym 3-4 times a week because I see good progress each time.
The app is fantastic, easy to use and you can use their website to find detailed description of form etc. Would 100% recommend this app.
Not for me, but people seem to like it!
I downloaded this app based on the overwhelming positive feedback on here, I wanted to try something different to encourage my muscles to grow...I’m one of those pesky hard gainers, so after not seeing as much improvement as I’d like I went searching for a new plan.
I’ve been doing this 3 days a week for several weeks now. I’m squatting way more weight than before, but because of the low rep ranges it never feels like a challenge. I never feel like I’ve had a serious workout and I’ve actually been losing muscle since I started doing this.
Having said that, the app is very easy to use, the graphs are great for tracking your progress. Just obviously wasn’t for me, I still class myself as a beginner, but this is really basic with no muscle gains in sight, so maybe better for your first plan, not one to switch to if you’ve already been doing something else as you’ll find yourself going backwards.
Developer Response ,
It sounds like the weight was too easy for you. This may happen if you've trained before. The simple solution is to increase the weight by tapping it on the log workout screen. This will instantly make the workouts more challenging.
- Stronglifts Limited
- 37.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2019 StrongLifts, Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock StrongLIfts (Legacy) £19.99
- StrongLifts Power Pack £19.99
- StrongLifts Switch 3x5 £19.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.